Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Wicked Fun: PPA{60}

I had a lot of fun creating these wicked cards for this week's Halloween challenge at Pals Paper Arts.  It was so much fun that I actually made two cards.  The above card is a very literal interpretation of the challenge picture and I'm not sure anyone else would "get" it without seeing the inspiration image.  So the second card is a bit more traditional of a Halloween "look".

I just had to feature the contrast of the light and dark witches and since I've been on a bit of a Lattice die binge lately, see here and here, I had the idea to try it here.  I placed a piece of basic black cardstock next a piece of whisper white and with plain 'ole Scotch tape attached them together and placed it on my Lattice die making sure that the seam was aligned in the center of the die so that when I ran it through the Big Shot I got a black and white image!  

I stamped the hat from Wicked Cool in Versamark and then Basic Black ink, sprinkled it with black stampin' emboss powder and heat set.  This gave me a clean, crisp black witch hat.  We just know that these two witches are up to no good so this sentiment from Favorite Thoughts (retired) was just perfect.
 I had to dress up the inside too with a sentiment from All Holidays, some retired DSP and those fabulous boots from Wicked Cool.  I used my Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie stampin' write markers to color my stamp and highlight those striped stockings.  I just love these boots--in fact, I had some just like them in high school.  My dad hated them and I used to sneak out of the house wearing some perfectly acceptable alternative with these bad girls in my bag and then switch when I got into my friends car!!  Tee, hee!  Did you notice one of our kitties in the background?  How perfect is that?!  I swear I didn't position her there.  She just likes to follow me around the yard!

The second card has a more traditional Halloween look and features the Wicked Fun specialty designer paper, those Wicked Cool boots again and the addition of black raven lace and black jewels!


I was temped to use the Spider Web embossing folder AGAIN but decided to branch out for a more baroque and elegant look with the Vintage Waller paper embossing folder.  I think it works nicely with the lace, don't you?  To make my raven lace ruffle, I ran some SNAIL adhesive around the edge of the circle and just scrunched the lace up on the back side moving around the circle as I went. On the inside I repeated the same DSP with Old Olive cardstock and some Rich Razzleberry bats.

I hope you've enjoyed my Wicked fun Halloween cards.  There's still some time, until noon Tuesday 9/21, to enter your Halloween cards over at the PPA.  Thanks for stopping by today...cheers!


Card #1 supplies:
stamps: wicked cool; favorite thoughts
ink: versamark; basic black; jet black stazon
paper: basic black, old olive, pumpkin pie & whisper white CS
xtras: lattice die; 1 3/8" circle punch; glimmer brads; raven lace; basic black & pumpkin pie stampin' write markers

Card #2
stamps: wicked cool
ink: rich razzleberry; basic black
paper: cajun crze, rich razzleberry, old olive, whisper white & basic black CS; wicked fun
xtras: 1 3/4", 1 3/8" & 2 1/2" circle punches; black jewels; vintage wallpaper embossing folder

9 comments:

Christina said...

I must say, these are Wicked Cool! I especially love the first one with the graphic black and white lattice, and the sentiment is absolutely perfect. I bet you still feel a bit rebellious every time you stamp those fabulous boots! Love them!

Hands On said...

How clever of you to put that sentiment with that wicked hat! Great card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love both of your cards! The sentiment on the first card is absolutley PERFECT for the theme! Fabulous accent with the lace in the second card. The insides of the cards are the perfect finishing touch. Always enjoy visiting your blog! :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance, the first card is VERY cool with the multi colored lattice. How clever you are (as always). You always pick out those sutttle details - Perfect interpretation!
I also love the touch of lace on both cards; just enough and in just the right spots. Both are winners, so good luck to you on the PPA challenge.

Cards by Gina said...

Your cards are always wonderful! I love the black lace with the sentiment on the top card! Perfect! Thanks so much for playing at PPA!

Mary Fish said...

Simply adorable. Love the clean and simple look with the lattice die (great minds . . . ). Thanks for playing. I always look forward to your projects.

Linda Callahan said...

Love the literal version - wonderful interpretation! And the sentiment is perfect! I am going to stamp that on the inside of the card I made!

Nancy said...

Great Halloween card, very creative with the lattice to mimic the color of the two witches,
never would have crossed my mind, great idea.
Of course the inside is as nice as the outside of the card.

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous cards! I absolutely love the lattice die one! Thanks for playing @ PPA!