Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Southwestern Sunset

Hi everyone!  Just a quick post tonight to share a card I recently made for our Library Director.  I think I've mentioned before that I have the happy task of designing cards for all our special occasions at work.  I love picking out stamps and colors that combine to make a personalized card.  For this one, I even had to borrow the Nature Silhouettes set--thanks MaryE(!)--because I knew it was just perfect!  Our boss loves the southwestern US and Native American imagery so I wanted to create a landscape that evoked that feeling.

This one was way outside my comfort zone and my usual style but as it was for someone special, I persevered!   Everything on this card is SU except the textured background was made with the woodgrain impression plate from Papertrey Ink.  Some new SU items are featured here including the pretty strip of DSP from the Autumn Spice specialty paper in the Holiday mini.  This was also the first card to see one of my vintage brads--so pretty--and a bit of Seam Binding ribbon in Always Artichoke.  Looks a bit like the top of a bolo tie.

Too many products to list and I have to admit, Thursday night has me tired out!  So, I hope you like this for just a bit of eye candy tonight.  Here's wishing you a fabulous Friday!  Thanks for stopping by! :-)

6 comments:

Christina said...

Wonderfully done, Nance! You've created such a beautiful scene, and I'm sure your co-worker will love it! Have a fabulous Friday yourself!

Lesley said...

Awesome job Nance! This would have been out of my comfort zone too but you made it look so effortless.
Smiles,
Lesley

Nancy said...

Great card, love the mountains you created, the grass and the vintage brad is perfect for this theme.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Wowzer! This is fabulous! You really captured the southwest feel.... the mountains, grass, wolf, sky colors..mmmmm, the brad reminds of me of a cowboy's belt buckle, jand even the bow tie! Your boss is going to howl!!!!

MaryE said...

You are welcome, girlfriend. I was wanting to see what you had done. Per usual... Perfection!

Linda Callahan said...

OMG now you are doing landscapes and sunsets?!?!?! You are one amazing artist - love the depth and dimension of his! xoxox from your one dimensional friend........