Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Sparkle Forest: CCCC {47}

Just under the wire...I couldn't let Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge go unanswered this week.  The colors are so pretty, soothing and natural--Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Whisper White & Early Espresso--love it!  With a simple but beautiful sketch from the clean & simple blog (107), I made this one in under 15 minutes but if I had more time I might do things a little differently...oh well!

I tried a new-to-me technique that was demonstrated at a stampin' event for Florida SU demonstrators last weekend.  I don't know the official name but I'm calling it "shimmer paper".  I started with a 3.5 x 2.5" piece of glossy white cardstock.  Using a stampin' sponge dipped in Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint I swirled it onto the glossy cardstock.  The result is a swirly pattern of sparkle in a color very similar to Crumb Cake.  Here are a couple of close-ups to show you the swirls and sparkle a bit better:

Isn't it pretty?  Looks like swirling snow doesn't it?  I think the Elegant Lines embossing folder and the coordinating DSP from Elegant Soiree mimic the swirling shimmer paint quite well.   With a challenge color of Always Artichoke, I had to use some fresh-out-of-the-brown-box Seam Binding ribbon in Always Artichoke.  This ribbon is just one of the wonderful new products from the Holiday Mini!   It's so easy to tie and has a beautiful luster to it that will add just the perfect touch of elegance to all your holiday creations.

I'll keep it short so I can get this one entered into the Curtain Call...thanks for looking and I hope you have a great weekend!  Be sure to check back on Sunday for the next challenge from The Paper Players...cheers! 

supplies:
stamps: plant hope; short & sweet
ink: early espresso, crumb cake, always artichoke
paper: early espresso, crumb cake & glossy white CS; elegant soriee DSP
xtras: scallop ribbon border punch; elegant lines embossing folder; always artichoke seam binding ribbon

8 comments:

Christina said...

So beautiful, Nance! The shimmer swirls are a wonderful wintry touch! I will have to take another look at the seam binding, it is lovely. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

Hands On said...

Nance, this is so pretty. When I first saw the card I loved the double stamped trees. Then I scrolled down to see what you did with the shimmer paint and now I relly love them! What a neat idea!

Texas JennyWren said...

Really pretty and I love the swirling snow. The colors are very pretty together.

Stacey Schafer said...

totally gorgeous, Nance! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Mary Marsh said...

this is so pretty-congrats on being one of the show stoppers at the curtain call

Linda Callahan said...

That ribbon is beautiful - and your swirling snow scene is definitely a show stopper! It's getting close to swirly snow season in my neck of the woods!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is absolutely stunning. LOVE it. The swirling snow is just so realistic. Beautiful card. (and you know I LOVE that elegant lines folder too). Good Luck.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is so lovely! That embossing folder is so wonderful isn't it?!