Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Vanilla Chocolate Delight: {CD78} {JAI36}

Doesn't that sound like a wonderful dessert?  Hmmm.. some Very Vanilla, a lot of Chocolate Chip with a dash of Daffodil Delight.  What do you think?  I think Riley was eating dessert when she chose these colors for us this week at The Color Dare!

In addition to desserts, these colors make me think of elegant stationery and hand-written notes.  I tried to convey that mood with my choice of paper and stamps.  I started with this wonderful sketch from some talented stampers at Just Add Ink:


Love this layout--isn't it great?!  It's a good one for featuring our beautiful designer paper such as this damask beauty from Greenhouse Gala DSP.    There is perhaps no other stamp in the current SU catalog that embodies the elegant style than Elizabeth--even the name is perfect!  ;-)  I stamped it in Chocolate Chip onto the Very Vanilla panel and then again with Daffodil Delight ink onto a scrap of Very Vanilla.  I used a sentiment from the level one hostess set Because I Care in Chocolate Chip and then hand-cut the oval and popped it up on dimensionals.  Unfortunately, the oval does not fit with any of my oval punches but my paper snips made quick work of it!

Lastly, you just have to see a close-up not only of the detail in this stamp but the pretty little basic pearls I added.

I hope you will consider joining us this week at The Color Dare--we would love to see your creations.  Here's what the rest of the design team has created for you:


We hope you'll join us!

supplies:
stamps: elizabeth; because i care
ink: chocolate chip, daffodil delight
paper: very vanilla, chocolate chip CS; greenhouse gala DSP
xtras: chocolate chip 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (retired); basic pearls; ticket punch

9 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance beautiful card - love the touch of pearls. Great layot; it brings the attention to the beautiful stamp; Elizabeth. It is one of my very favorite stamps and I don't think I'll ever tire of it.

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of that sketch and I love the punched corners. Great card using this week's colours :)

Glenda J said...

So elegant and beautiful, clean and striking. Stunning!

jjcreations said...

I absolutely love this card. It's so simple and stunning. I haven't used that Elizabeth stamp yet; I love how you added the little pearls. Gorgeous.

Tennille said...

Beautiful! Love it.

jaydee said...

Nance, this is the perfect use of the Elizabeth stamp and this is one perfect, classy card!
hugs
jaydee

Linda Callahan said...

Totally classy card!

Danielle Daws said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Nance! Those colours are beautiful. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Nancy said...

Another beautiful card!