Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wavy Trims

Thanks for stopping by tonight!  Before I get to the card, just want to give another shout-out for the great sketch challenge over at The Paper Players.  You still have time to participate and we would love to have you join us.  Here's the fun sketch:

On to today's card...a masculine card for a co-worker who loves the ocean & the beach.  With my new XL die Tasteful Trims in hand, I was able to make rollicking waves of Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze and Bashful Blue.

The boat is a PTI image (I don't have any SU boats!) that I stamped once in Crumb Cake and again in Daffodil Delight paper piecing the boat for a splash of color.  The cloud paper is from the retired Good Neighbors hostess pack--I'm hoarding it--and the Curly Cute sentiment fits on the sky quite well.  A little linen thread and a Daffodil Delight button finish it off in nautical style.  I have to give a shout-out to my dear blogging friend, Christina of Sea Glass & Sentiments.  She always makes fabulous beach/ocean/nautical cards so I was channeling her when I made this one!  Thanks for the inspiration, Christina!  And thanks to all of you for visiting and leaving me the most encouraging comments.  It warms my heart to know you are out there and I am grateful for your kind words.

supplies:
stamps: curly cute, masculine motifs (pti)
ink: not quite navy, crumb cake, daffodil delight
paper: crumb cake, not quite navy, baja breeze, bashful blue; good neighbors dsp
xtras: tasteful trims die; brights buttons; linen thread; corner rounder punch

7 comments:

Christina said...

Awww, thanks Nance! *blushing* I really love those big waves and the way you stamped the boat with two colors. This is one fantastic masculine card!

Hands On said...

Love those waves. Great way to use that die cut!

LeAnne said...

LOVE this Nance! So nautical and fun----I have been so tempted to get that die--it looks like a lot of fun!

Nancy said...

Fabulous card, love the waves and their colors! Another item to add to my wish list!

Unknown said...

Oh wow.. this is AWESOME!!!! Love it!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Love the curly cute sentiment (I don't have)and the button with linen thread. The little clouds are perfect touch to a perfect sailing day, and the boat is just sailing along on those big waves from the trims die (I don't have).....OMG if I add ONE more thing to my wish list I think I can meet the mins for the whole year! Super cool male card.

LeroyLime said...

Love the water on this card!! This would be so AWESOME framed in a little boys room! Thanks for the blog hug! Have a super Friday...