Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Paper Players {14}: clean and simple

Happy Sunday everyone and welcome to the Paper Players challenge (14)!  Did you see our entries last week?  Lots of talent out there in blogland and we received over 100 entries!  That's wonderful--thank you so much.  This week the lovely and talented Jaydee asked us to create a clean and simple card--my favorite! 

I didn't expect to make a Christmas card in September (!) but after all the Halloween cards I've been making, I thought it was time for a change.

My colors are inspired by the Elegant Soiree designer paper: Soft Suede, Baja Breeze and Very Vanilla.  The Soft Suede base was run through my Big Shot with the Elegant Lines embossing folder--the perfect compliment to the designer paper.  I stamped the ornament from Contempo Christmas first in Versamark and Soft Suede ink, stamped onto Very Vanilla and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  After punching it out with the coordinating Oranament punch (love it!), I added some of the new adhesive Basic Pearls and popped it up on a piece of Baja Breeze.  A little strip of DSP, some 1/4" Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, the sentiment from Contempo Christmas and my clean and simple card is finished!

Head on over to the Paper Players and check out the design team's inspiration.  We would love to see your take on clean and simple! 

supplies:
stamps: contempo christmas
ink: soft suede, versamark
paper: soft suede, baja breeze, very vanilla cardstock
xtras: ornament punch; very vanilla 1/4" grosgrain ribbon; elegant lines embossing folder; clear embossing powder; basic pearls

14 comments:

Christina said...

I think I have run out of adjectives for your creations, Nance! This one is truly elegant and such a gorgeous use of non-traditional Christmas colors (oh how I love blue and brown together!). Clean and simple but filled with lovely details. I think I'll go back and have another look... :)

Linda Callahan said...

I love non-Christmas colored Christmas cards! The pearls are perfect on the ornament! Very pretty! And your mom knocked it out of the park with her PPA entry this week - I loved it :)

Lynn Put said...

Gorgeous card!!! I love the colors, embossing and pearl accents!

Nancy said...

Nance, this Christmas card is so gorgeous, love the brown and blue and the ornament is too much, so crisp, clean and elegant & pearls yet. The embossing folder never ceases to amaze me how beautiful it looks in all colors,
Great job!

Lesley said...

This is so pretty Nance! I love that EB Folder with that paper. The Christmas Set looks amazing with it too!
Smiles,
Lesley

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is gorgeous and never would have grabbed for brown & blue for Christmas, but such a beautiful combo makes me want to rethink WHAT to do this year. Just beautiful. Love the touch of pearls, and the EL folder is truely a winner this year.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Nance! I love the texture and the pearls!

Tara Bilbao said...

Nance, Wow! this is so beautiful the texture is astonishing. I want to run my fingertips over all that detail. I love the layout and the color combination is stunning.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! I am hankering that embossing folder each time I see it used (sigh)! Another item to add to my wish list!

Jen Timko said...

I love the colors on this and the little pearls. I have already shown this to one of my stampers as a Christmas card idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is FANTASTIC, Nance! And thanks for the heads up on the Paper Players blog - I think I'll be playing around with some of those challenges very soon! Keep up the great work!

Tracey Parrott said...

Nance, congratulations on your design team stint! So happy for you and your creations are beautiful as always. I love your ornament card..very classy!

jaydee said...

Nance, I love this card. The color scheme is unexpected and yet works so well. I love the embossed folder with the decoration. Fabulous!
Hugs
Jaydee

Unknown said...

Hi, this is gorgeous, and very elegant too... Yes, me too, I never thought I would be making Christmas Cards so early, but I'm sure they will come very handy he he xxx