Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Paper Dolls: CD {77}

Welcome to another week of The Color Dare challenge and wow do we ever have a dare for you!  This week Riley has chosen the color combination of Tempting Turquoise, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie and Not Quite Navy...wow, right?!  I can honestly say that I never would have thought up this combo on my own but you know what?  I like it!  Here's where I went with it:
Now you can see why this post is titled Paper Dolls, right?  This is a single stamp that was stamped in NQN on Very Vanilla for the background.  Using the matching color ink, the ladies were stamped again on Poppy Parade and Tempting Turquoise designer patterned paper.  I cut out just their dresses and SNAIL'ed their fabulous frocks in place.  Of course, no lady of this era is complete without her pearls, dah-ling!

The large scallop trim was created by running NQN cardstock through my Big Shot with the new Tasteful Trims die.  I distressed it with a bone folder and some crumpling to separate the layers of paper.  Stitched in place onto some Poppy Parade DSP, the edges roll up like the ruffle of a dress!

With the dressmaker's pattern in the background, the sweet Puns from the Past sentiment was sew perfect (sorry, couldn't resist!) and I carried the theme over to the inside with the coordinating sewing machine image and a little more trimming and stitching.


So, come on over to The Color Dare and join us!  We would love to see what you make of these colors.  If you don't have these exact colors, something close will do--just get crafty!

supplies:
stamps: puns from the past; curly cute; make your own (hero arts)
ink: tempting turquoise, not quite navy, crumb cake, poppy parade
paper: crumb cake; tempting turquoise, very vanilla, not quite navy CS; poppy parade DSP; flock together DSP (retired)
xtras: tasteful trims die; basic pearls; pumpkin pie 1/4" grosgrain ribbon; brights buttons; DMC floss

8 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance what a great card. Wow the color combo IS very challenging but I knew you'd come up with something brillant!
LOVE that stamp and cutting out the dresses adds so much. The finishing touch of pearls is "sew" perfect for the era. So June Cleaver.

Christina said...

I just adore those paper pieced dresses! You did a fabulous job with these tough colors. Love the distressed scallop "ruffles", too, I will have to give that a try!

Nancy said...

Well you did it...now I'll have to dig out my stamp set of the "girls". How perfect was the Puns from the Past stamps with this card, love the clever touch of pearls! I still love the two dress styles too, guess that really dates me. Great card!
Luv,
Mom

Juliana said...

I love this! Where did you get that stamp??

Glenda J said...

Great card Nance! Love the papers.

Marisa said...

Too fun! Love the pattern as the BG adn the paper pieced dresses with half pearls on them are fabulous. Great use of this week's colours :)

Linda Callahan said...

Love it to death! Looks like June Cleaver and Donna Reed are ready for an outing.......oh no wait back then that's how they dressed to greet their husbands when the guys came home for dinner!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, this just speaks to my 4H-sewing, vintage-pattern-loving, paper-doll-cutting heart!! I love what you did here, inside AND out!