Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Sweater Weather for the PPA {64}


Doesn't this picture just say it all?  The exhilaration, crispness and sweaters of Autumn--oh, how I love it!  I couldn't resist the inspiration photo at Pals Paper Arts this week.  This fabulous sweater was the perfect opportunity to showcase these sweet little crocheted flowers made by blogging friend, Christina.  She sells them in her etsy shop, Seaglass Papercrafts, and will even custom match them to SU colors! They are just darling and the starting point I needed for today's card:


The large Old Olive medallion from Day of Gratitude forms the base of the flower on which I layered two blooms from the SU exclusive Blossom Party die.  I sponged the edges of the More Mustard flower with the same color ink and layered on a Cajun Craze flower that was also run through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice impressions folder.  Christina's sweet flower was layered on top and finished off with an Old Olive button and some linen thread.

I finished off the inside with some more of the coordinating papers from the Autumn Spice specialty DP--it has a wonderful texture that is just perfect for this card.


Seasonal Sentiments has been my go-to set for all holiday cards and I just love the feeling behind this one for Thanksgiving.  I stamped it in Early Espresso ink and added a couple leaves in Cajun Craze and Old Olive from the Falling Leaves set.  I think they are a good match for the leaves on the paper. 

I'm going to make this one short as I'm having laptop troubles so I want to get this posted before Blogger gives out on me again!  Thanks for looking and have a great day!

8 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Oh what a great card. The layered flowers looks spectacular and I LOVE the crocheted flower to top it all off, ...how perfect to mimic the sweater. Beautiful card.

LeAnne said...

Oh so lovely! What a great idea to use that crocheted flower.....you are one smart cookie!

Marisa said...

Totally gorgeous, Nance!!

Lesley said...

Wow Nance...this is awesome. I love that homemade flower from your friend...it looks great on the built up flower.

Christina said...

This is fantastic, Nance! It has so much wonderful texture and color. How sweet of you to mention the flower, too! So glad you found the perfect card for it, as it echoes the sweater perfectly. Hugs!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I wish I could crochet! This is beautiful - love the layers on the flower - and the crocheted flower is like the whipped cream on top!

Nancy said...

Wow your card shows how simplicity can be so dramatic! It must be your MI upbringing to make you think of your blogger friend's adorable little crochet flower to set off your card (so Fall). The inside is also a work of art, love the stamped leaves just peeking behind the sentiment a smidge and...oh my, the strip of paper on the bottom, perfect!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely! I love the colour scheme and the flower centerpiece really grabs your eye.

Laurie