Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

A Curtain Call Sketch 4 U

Hi everyone, happy Friday!  We all have the day off today, in fact almost the whole city does as it is a very big day here in North Florida.  Believe it or not, the schools all shut down for UF Homecoming!  I know, it's crazy but if you follow the Florida Gators at all, you will understand.  Parades, pep rallies, it's crazy!  We've lived here over 15 years and I still don't "get" it but I'll take the day off! :-)

Thank goodness, too, because it gave me time to stamp for Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge this week.  Aren't these colors fabulous together?!  So Saffron, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Basic Black & Whisper White...so fresh and modern!  I also used Kazan's great sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 YouHere is what I created:

The single stamp, Ornate Blossom, was inked up with Stampin' Write markers in this weeks colors, stamped on Whisper White and cut out with circle nestabilities and the Big Shot.  I stamped the center of the blossom with Marina Mist ink on some scrap, cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals.  I really like how the Black Raven Lace looks laid flat on the So Saffron designer paper next to a piece of Marina Mist cardstock embossed with the Polka Dot impressions folder.  The sentiment from Curly Cute was stamped with jet black Stazon for a crisp clean look.  Not sure if I like the 3 pearls but I felt it needed something more in that corner to balance the blossom.

Here's a quick look at the inside with more of the same designer paper.  I'm sorry it looks crooked in the photo, I think it's the angle, I promise it's straight IRL!

This is a smaller version of the same ornate blossom and this one is from the Friends Never Fade set.  I inked it in Marina Mist and stamped off once before stamping on the paper.  Such a fitting sentiment for a thank you card, this one is from the level 2 hostess set Occasional Quotes.

So, that's it for today...I hope you like it.  As always, thank you for stopping by and thank you even more for leaving a comment with your feedback.  I love hearing from you!  Be sure to check back on Sunday for another fabulous week at The Paper Players!

supplies:
stamps: ornate blossom; friends never fade; curly cute; occasional quotes
ink: basic black, marina mist, stazon
paper: crumb cake, whisper white, sweet pea stack (retired)
xtras: crumb cake, marina mist, daffodil delight, basic black stampin' write markers; black raven lace; basic pearls; polka dot impression folder; circle nestabilities

8 comments:

Christina said...

Yay, I'm so glad you got a chance to play! I love the way you inked up the bold focal image in all of the challenge colors-it is so dramatic! And as always, the inside is just as beautiful and polished as the outside.

Hope you enjoyed your day off! {hugs}

Stacey Schafer said...

so gorgeous, Nance! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic card! I really like how you used the different colors on the main image and added the lace trim and pearls!

Marisa said...

What a fabulous use of the colours, Nance! Love how you used different colors on the flower and the sentiment font is great. Wonderfully done :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

What a pretty card. Your color "placement" choices are so appealing to the eye and using write markers is becoming a fvorite of mine as well. The inside is FAB... (as always).

Kristii said...

Soooo pretty!!! Love the touch of bling!!

Unknown said...

beautiful both inside and out!
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Nancy said...

Very pretty card, great colors, really like the stamp too. The pieces of black lace really set off the colors and draws your eye back to the basic stamp...great job.