Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Holly Jolly PPA {62}

Hello everyone!  Have you played at the Pals Paper Arts yet?  This week they have a fun challenge to use buttons!  I've recently discovered buttons in my own crafting and love the new color family packs of SU buttons that coordinate with all our paper and ink.  So once I figured out what colors & papers I was using for today's card, I knew I had a matching button in my Brights collection.  Here it is:


This is a pretty simple layout but features the bold colors of the Jolly Holiday designer paper: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and Very Vanilla.  What a deep, rich color combination!  The bottom half of the card base was embossed with the Polka Dot impressions folder and I used two strips of coordinating Jolly Holiday paper at the top.  Polka dots and stripes usually don't work for clothes but are always a winning combination on cards!  The highlight though was making the little ornament tag.


I inked one of the sentiments from Tags til Christmas first in Versamark, then Cherry Cobbler ink and stamped it onto Whisper White cardstock.  I sprinkled it with clear stampin' emboss powder and heat set for a shiny finish.  I punched it out with my 1 3/4" circle punch, added some gold elastic cord and finished it with an Old Olive button.  Makes a cute ornament, yes?  I had the luxury of a little time when working on this one so I was able to finish the inside as well:


I love this retro tree from Contempo Christmas--the little curly que branches and the stylized graphic makes me smile.  I stamped it in Old Olive and paired it with the sentiment from A Christmas Greeting, stamped in Cherry Cobbler.  Isn't that a nice thought?  Holiday neutral too which makes it good for all!

Thanks for letting me know what you think of this one--I so enjoy reading your comments and appreciate the time you took to visit me today...have a great one!

supplies:
stamps: tags til christmas; contempo christmas; a christmas greeting
ink: old olive, cherry cobbler, versamark
paper: cherry cobbler, very vanilla CS; jolly holiday DSP
xtras: clear stampin' emboss powder; designer buttons (brights collection); gold elastic cord; scallop dotted ribbon border punch

8 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance love your holiday card and the DSP is just perfect with dots and strips. I especially love how you used the dotted trim edge to blend them, the finishing touch leaves this card all buttoned up! Good job.

Nancy said...

Hi Nance, another great card...I believe you have an unlimited supply in your head! Especially liked your use of all the papers, just a touch, but so effective. The inside is as adorable as the front...I too love the tree

LeAnne said...

Very sweet! I admire you for using the elastic cord.....one product I think should be a snap to use and I continually am frustrated by it! Wonderful holiday card!

Christina said...

Love the hanging button ornament on this one! The inside is fantastic, too. The dp looks wonderful together!

Ann Schach said...

So cute! Love how you used the button as the "O" in joy AND I love the Contempo tree on the inside! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Linda Callahan said...

I agree with your mom - you have an endless supply of great designs in your head! Cherry Cobbler is delicious but embossed makes it scrumptious! And O that button - love it!

Cards by Gina said...

Oooh, so pretty inside and out! Terrific holiday card! Thanks so much for playing at PPA with us! We love that you do!

Tracey Parrott said...

This is so sweet! Love the detail of this card! Your talent knows no bounds!