Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Perk Up for The Color Dare {CD79}

Hello everyone!  Today's card is for this week's  Color Dare combination:
CD 79
Wild Wasabi
Early Espresso
Marina Mist

So pretty together...do I say that every week?!  This little get well card is addressed to my stampin' mojo.  I don't know where it went but I hope it perks up soon.  I guess we all have creative slumps now and then, right?  Anyway, pretty simple layout today with stack of wonky teacups courtesy of the Stamp-a-ma-Jig and the Tiny Teacup stamp.  

I'll bet you're wondering how I made the scalloped Whisper White rectangle, right?  With the scallop square clear die!  First, I cut some WW cardstock with the scallop square die.  Next, I picked up the square I just cut and slid it over on the die so that some of the square was hanging off the edge and the scallops line up with the scallops on the die.  Run it through the Big Shot a second time to cut off the edge and you end up with a scalloped rectangle!  You can adjust the size of the rectangle by lining up as many scallops as you wish.

The little tag was stamped first with another Tiny Teacup inked in Wild Wasabi and stamped off once.  The sentiment from Puns from the Past was perfect for my get well/tea theme and was stamped in Early Espresso.  My 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches made the perfect sized tag to dangle from the retired Wild Wasabi striped grosgrain ribbon.

This is a really great color combination that could be used so many ways.  Check out the rest of the inspiration from the Color Dare design team and then head on over to the Color Dare blog to link up your creation.  We can't wait to come visit you!
supplies:
stamps: tiny teacup; puns from the past
ink: wild wasabi, early espresso, marina mist
paper: whisper white, early espresso, marina mist CS
xtras: 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches; scallop square clear die; wild wasabi ribbon [retired]; polka dots impressions folderbaker's twine

11 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Oh Nanc, How cute is this! I just made a get well card and wish I'd seen this one first. The colors are pretty "PERKY" together too. I LOVE what you did with the scallop square die and I'll surely try that out soon. So clever of you, always finding ways to expand the use of so many items. I'm soooooo happy your up-line; you send me so much inspiration...

Christina said...

How adorable! You managed to make a cool color scheme "perky" with those cute, stacked tea cups! Love the way you added the tag to the ribbon, too!

jjcreations said...

Girl, there is nothing wrong with your mojo!!! I love this card - anything with cups...for coffee is fine by me. I like how you combined the sentiment from the other set too! It's perfect. Thanks also, for the instructions for making the scalloped rectangle!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love your leaning tower of tea-sa (just go with it - I entertain myself :) Nothing slumpy here - it's adorable - and I always learn how to do something new when I visit!

Glenda J said...

This is so fabulous! Love your stack of cups! Crisp, clean layout too!

Marisa said...

These stacked cups are fabulous and the sentiment is too cute!! Great card using this week's colours :)

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness, this is too cute! Why didn't I ever think to put that image and sentiment together! CUTEEEE!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance just showing Bev your blog and how to leave a comment. She loves your card.

Hands On said...

What a sweet card! Your stacked teacups are wonderful and your tag couldn't be more perfect! Love it!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable card, Nance! I love it!

Nancy said...

I'm looking ashamed for having you return the "puns from the past" set,(don't let me ever do that again) look at all the great things you've done with it. I really like this color combo and what a great idea for the scallop rectangle. Love those cups and the tag (stamped first before the sentiment is a favorite of mine too).