Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Rich Sahara Parfait {CD81}

Hi friends!  Welcome to another week at The Color Dare.  Once again, Riley has chosen some fabulous colors for us--at first I said "what am I going to do with that?"--but she doesn't call it the color DARE for nothin' does she?!  Honestly, this is a beautiful combination that I would never have thought of and that's what a challenge is supposed to be, right?  So here you have it:
CD 81
Sahara Sand
Rich Razzleberry
Peach Parfait
 

French Foliage--oh how I love it.  I resisted for awhile because I thought I had enough leaf stamps but when I stamped with a borrowed set, I fell in love.  The images are crisp, deep impressions and stamp beautifully.  So I gave in to temptation, just call me weak!  Today's card is pretty simple but the background stamping was a little more involved.  I cut a piece of very vanilla to the size I wanted and placed post-it notes about and inch in around all the edges to create a frame.  Then I inked my Weathered background stamp (retired) in Sahara Sand and stamped right in the middle of the frame I made with the post-its.  When I removed the post-its I had a floating background image on which to stamp my leaves.  I really like the simplicity of this look.  Then it was a not-so-simple matter of leaf placement and color balance.  That design process always takes me longer than I think it should!  In the end, I am happy with it.

 

An Antique Brad was the perfect finishing touch to the Rich Razzleberry 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and some linen thread.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and stamped with my stamp-a-ma-jig in Rich Razzleberry.

I repeated the same color scheme on the inside bringing together all the elements for a cohesive look. Now, head on over the The Color Dare and check out all the wonderful creations from the rest of the design team.  We hope you will join us!

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Love all those leaves....I must resist, I must resits, I must resist LOL! Love the weathered BG you used as your canvas and that brad is gorgeous. Great use of this week's colours :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this card is stunning. I can't get enough of the French Foliage and am hoping they carry it over to the next catty. It's been my "go-to" set lately. Love your colors and placement... I agree with Marisa the antique brad is a gorgeous finishing touch.
Just Beautiful.

Christina said...

This is just gorgeous, Nance! I love this clean look and those beautiful leaves. I'll have to give this set another look! Your balance of color here is just perfect, but I know what you mean about it taking longer than you think it will to get everything placed just right!

Linda Callahan said...

This is lovely - I always like how you add such interesting backgrounds like the weathered stamp and then the extra layer with the DSP.

Glenda J said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love your collage of stamps - great effect!

Nancy said...

A beautiful card, love the way you stamped the frame for your leaves, great idea. The leaves are so wispy and fragile looking, the antique brad just sets it off. Love the inside of the card as well such nice balance.

Julie Marshall said...

Oh how I love this set too ;) Fabulous card...love the colors. TFS.

jjcreations said...

I absolutely love this Nance! Everything is just floating so perfectly on the paper. Love it!