Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Paper Players are Sew Suite: PP40

Happy Sunday everyone!  I can't believe a week has gone by since my last post but it's been a whirlwind...more on that in a minute.  Today, I am delighted to share with you a sketch I designed for this week's Paper Players Sketch Challenge {PP40}!  Here's the sketch:
and here is my card:
I liked it so much I made a second one with a Baja Breeze base and Pear Pizzazz/Greenhouse Gala designer series paper:
The details on this one are pretty straightforward but I do want to show you some close ups...I love, love, love cutting out these dress forms.  I know you might be thinking "oh I hate to cut things out" but this little mannequin is so easy once stamped on Greenhouse Gala designer series paper with Early Espresso ink--all my lines are right there ready for cutting!
Isn't she "sew" sweet?!  That's a bitty flower from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack in Baja Breeze with a big basic pearl in the middle.  Once the pearl was attached, I just scrunched the paper up around the pearl to distress it a little.
Can't you just see giving a card with this sentiment, from Bold Blossoms, to your best girl friend?  I stamped it in Early Espresso and then used the small ornate blossom from Friends Never Fade stamped off once in Pear Pizzazz behind the sentiment.  And because the top left corner seemed a little neglected...
I added a little snip of Pumpkin Pie 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon.  I literally stapled this one in place...I scrunched up a little 2" piece of ribbon, stapled the bottom together and tucked it under my oval with a glue dot.  Doesn't it look a bit like a jaunty scarf?!
Just a simple inside...a piece of whisper white stamped with an all-time favorite sentiment from Great Friend in Early Espresso, another Pear Pizzazz dress form and the final touch is an itty bitty flower from Cheep Talk to mimic the flower on the front.

So, if you're still with me...I just have to share some incredible news with you.  In addition to our Paper Players challenge this week, I took this card to swap at our Regional Training event in Orlando, FL this weekend.  It was a fabulous all-day event full of stamping, swapping and demonstrations all hosted by our company's incredibly gracious and sweet president, Shelli Gardner.  OK, I'll cut to the chase here....all the swap cards were posted on boards around the room and entered into a Creativity Challenge where Shelli selected her favorites.  Well, guess what?  Can you guess?  OMG, yes...are you with me?  OK, get ready for some shouting going on here....SHELLI CHOSE MY CARD!!!!!   OMG, can you imagine?!  It was awesome to have her hold my card up on the big screen for all to see--what a thrill!  Oh, and as if that wasn't enough...I also won a $50 SU shopping spree!!  I know, right?!
And let me just say that she is as gracious and kind in person as you would want and expect her to be!  It was a such an honor!

OK, thanks for indulging me for a moment.... :-).  I hope you will play along with our sketch challenge this week. Be sure to pop on over to The Paper Players blog, check out all the other DT inspiration then load up your creation by midnight (PST) Friday April 1st.  We can't wait to come visit you!  Have a great day my friends!

the goods:
stamps: sew suite, friends never fade, great friend, cheep talk
ink: pear pizzazz, baja breeze, early espresso
paper: baja breeze, pear pizzazz, pumpkin pie, whisper white, naturals white CS; greenhouse gala DSP
xtras: scallop border punch, itty bitty punch pack, 1 1/4" wide striped grosgrain ribbon, scallop oval frame die, basic pearls

20 comments:

Marisa said...

You go Nance!!! Soooo thrilled for you :) Great card and what a wonderful treat to have it chosen as Shelli's favorite!! Enjoy spending the $50. Loving the sketch and card too. A huge congrats to you (((hugs)))!!!

Lesley said...

YAHOOOOOO NANCE!!! What an awesome story! I was jumping up and down for you! It doesn't surprise me because this is an awesome card and YOU made it! Now you can get some pre-order stuff from the mini!!! Yippee!!!
Hugs!
Lesley

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, how awesome for you!! HOORAY!! Your card is fabulous in every way and what a great honor to have Shelli choose your card. There truly is so much to love on this one. From the color combo, to the wonderful details. Your card is just awesome! Lovin' that little flower accent!! Eeek! I'm so glad you had fun at Regionals, too. :)

Karen B. said...

Congratulations! Your card is so beautiful and detailed.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

OMG, OMG, OMG.... I think I'm still jumping up and down since your mom texted me last night!!! Way to go girlfriend! Such a great honor and just look at that SMILE on your face. Congratulations!!!!! My upline is a STAR! (but I knew that already) wink.
Your card is 'SEW' cute and FABULOUS of course. You KNOW it's a winner. Love the all the little details you are so good at, I really like how you mimiced the little flower on waist on the inside too. Adorable. HUGS!

Linda Callahan said...

You are a shining star girl! How fabulous - I am so excited for you! The card is wonderful - and so is the pic of you and Shelli! Such fun and excitement..........and who doesn't love a shopping spree?? Congrats! xoxoxo

Julie DiMatteo said...

Of course Shelli picked this card - it is simply wonderful! Congratulations to you - what an amazing honor :). A wonderful sketch by you this week too - can't wait to play!

Christina said...

Holy cow, congratulations girl! That is one exciting honor, and most definitely well deserved! Your cards are absolutely darling, I just love them. The details are perfect, as always, and that dress form is so sweet.

Congrats again on your fabulous news! Big hugs, friend!

LeAnne said...

Woohoo! You're right, Shelli is super sweet and obviously has marvelous taste for choosing YOUR card!!!! It is a sweet card (of course) and the colors you've chosen just make it over the top!

None None said...

Congratulations on your card being chosen by Shelli! What an exciting day that must have been. I love this card - just gorgeous with the colors and the jaunty ribbon accent.

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations, Nance! This is a fabulous card! I love the ribbon treatment. Brody loves the pearl! Tee hee! So proud of you!

Lili said...

It's been a pleasure to meet you and your mom personally. When I heard Shelli call your name I was "sew" excited because your card is "sew" beautiful.Congrats!!!!!

Tara Bilbao said...

"Of Course" Shelli chose your card it is amazing! I love how you used the crazy striped paper from Greenhouse Gala for your cut out form . It is such an eye catcher. The pumpkin pie ribbon is such a great addition but my fav is the flower with the pearl jewel at the waist of the form. It looks just like something that a woman would add to her ensemble for added interest and to give her a perfectly polished look. I just LUV your work.

Hugz,

Tara

Nancy said...

Wahoo, did our table jump for joy when, none other than, SU's own, Shelli selected your card and called your name as a winner! I'm so happy I was able to be there with you, we had a lot of fun, but I was very proud of you (as I always am) to see you celebrated for your beautiful and creative work, your card is definitely a "winner". It was so nice to meet Shelli too, she really is a lovely person.
Luv, Mom

jaydee said...

Nance, hope you were wearing your noise reducing headphones.... cos I shrieked - very loudly - then squealed - when I read your news. That is AWESOME!!!! I was thinking, wow... this is one of the best cards I've seen Nance do - and she does awesome cards - and then I read your news.
YOU ROCK, GIRL!!!!
hugs
jaydee

barb mann said...

Nance, It's no wonder Shelli picked your card - It's Fabulous. Perfect and simple too!!! Congratulations!

Cindy Beach said...

I'm just thrilled for you, Nance, what an honor! Your card ROCKS!

Nancy said...

Hope you will remember all the little people who made it possible! We are proud of you. Love, Arden & Baba

Teresa Kline said...

how amazing, that is worth being very proud of...congrats...the card is fabby....have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

shar910 said...

Wow how exciting!!! Congratulations to you. Beautiful card...you're so talented, you must take after your mom! Ms. Rubber N Rafters and I are blog surfing..great cards!! (((hugs)))