Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Recycled Paper Players Challenge: {PP41}

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend.  If you're looking for my [Orlando] Regionals Creativity Challenge card, please go here.  

Today is our first April theme challenge at The Paper Players and LeAnne has challenged us to use a recycled or repurposed item on our projects.  
 Clean out your supplies, clean out your stash, look in your recycle bin--find treasures anywhere!  It can be a piece of ribbon from gift box you kept (does anyone else beside me do this?!), a picture from a catalog, or that pretty wrapping paper you just couldn't part with (oh yeah, I do that too!). Can you identify the source of the recycled item on my card?


It's the carton from a 6-pack of beer!  Longboard Lager to be specific:
Can you believe how beautiful the artwork is on this carton of beer?!  Wouldn't this make a great "guy card"?!  I took the carton apart, selected the areas I really liked and ran it through the Big Shot with the Circles #2 die.  Look at these beach bums catching some waves:
and I love the palm fronds:
The circles are mounted on More Mustard cardstock with a little added paper piercing around the bottom.  Some baker's twine and a Curly Cute sentiment finished off the front.
...and a little bit of stamping finished off the inside.  There's actually more stamping on the inside than the cover!  The tropical leaves are from the Paradise set stamped in Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler and More Mustard.  Along with a sentiment from Hope Happens and Bring on the Cake.  If you like today's card, you might like this simple masculine card I made a couple years ago for my BIL--it was my first 6-pack card!  You should see how many 6-pack cartons I have piled up now!  My husband will even select beer now based on how cool the packaging would look as a card, lol!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to check out the rest of the design team's inspiration over at The Paper Players.  If you would like to play along, you have until Friday April 8th at midnight (PST) to load up your creation on our blog.  I hope you'll have some fun with this challenge--we can't wait to visit you!

12 comments:

Christina said...

This is super cool, Nance! I love the idea of using a recycled item for a card (I hosted a similar challenge on my blog last year for Earth Day). This makes the perfect masculine card. I can just imagine giving it with a gift of the featured 6 pack!

Nancy said...

A fun and perfect masculine card, love the idea of a used beer carton. The surfers & fronds cut into circles are all the embellies needed along with the sentiment and Baker's twine. Great job of recycling! Love Christina's idea of making it a package deal with a 6 pack, what man wouldn't like that!

Linda Callahan said...

Fabulous and fun! Not to mention creative and oh so perfectly designed - love it!

Marisa said...

Who would have thought a case of beer could provide the goods for such a fun card!! Fabulously done!! Makes me want to go to Hawaii :)

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness...I couldn't wait to see where these images came from---awesome!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, this is so awesome and has your signature style written all over it! Such a wonderfu,l clean design with masculine vibes! The inside is just as fabulous as the outside, too. Now who's ready for a tropical vacation? ;) Love it!

Ann Schach said...

Nance, this is absolutely fabulous! I love these images! How clever to use the beer carton!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is tooo cute! What a great man's card and love the ideas of the others. So fun!

Lesley said...

What a clever card! This is Corey's favourite beer! I showed him the card an he has offered to help me out and get some more of the boxes so I can make theses cards too! LOL!! He is such a good boy!

jaydee said...

Nance, this card makes me yearn for the warmth of summer! Fabulous job on the challenge! Really cool card
hugs
jaydee

Jen Mitchell said...

I thought for sure those images came from a vintage postcard. How fun that they are from a six-pack! Your card has such a cool,retro look and the colors are fabulous.

Anne said...

very clever using the beer container for your punches... i love the card.. the inside is done up nicely too.. great job..
-anne-