Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Paper Players CAS Sketch: {PP43}

Welcome to Paper Players Sunday! It's a good thing I have to post a card for the Paper Players because otherwise this blog would be pretty quiet (insert chirping crickets here). I'm not sure if life will ever slow down but lately it's been difficult to find time in my craft room! :-(  Anywhoooo...so glad it's a clean-and-simple challenge this week! We have a great sketch from Jaydee for you:

and here is my card:
The Wild Wasabi base was stamped with a random pattern of single stamps from Button, Button.  This is such a cute set with 18 different button selections that coordinate with some of our punches!  I stamped the buttons in Versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder for a glossy effect:
You might be thinking that I stamped each of those little buttons separately.  I could...but I didn't!  I used our largest clear block (F), placed all the buttons in a collage pattern on the block and stamped the whole thing just once! 
How easy is that?  Next, I trimmed some of my very favorite Sweet Stitches designer paper with an Early Espresso scalloped border.  Did you spot the sneak peek product?  If you follow any other Stampin' Up blogs, you no doubt have seen the Four Frames stamp set that is currently available to customers as a pre-order this month.  The set of 4 stamps coordinates with the Decorative Label punch for a perfect label every time!  Here I used the polka dot frame in Melon Mambo on Very Vanilla.
The sentiment, from Hello Again, was stamped in Wild Wasabi on Very Vanilla and punched out with the Large Oval punch.  I popped it up on dimensionals and added a little Early Espresso ribbon tail underneath topped off with a Daffodil Delight flower button.  That's a little snip of Early Espresso cardstock threaded through the button holes for instant matching "thread".
 Here's another sneak peek for you--Happy Greetings provided the wonderful sentiment I used on the inside--just one of the many new stamps and goodies awaiting you in the Summer Mini Catalog.  I finished it off with a scrap of designer paper and a few buttons stamped in Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight.

I hope you like today's card and that you will play along with The Paper Players this week.  You have until midnight (PST) Friday, April 22nd to load your fabulous creation at The Paper Players.  I hope to see you there!  Have a great day, my friends.

the goodies:
stamps: button button, hello again, four frames, happy greetings
ink: wild wasabi, melon mambo, early espresso, daffodil delight, versamark
paper: wild wasabi, early espresso & very vanilla CS; sweet stitches DSP
xtras: clear block "F"; large oval, decorative label, & scallop trim border punches; brights designer buttons; clear embossing powder

14 comments:

Christina said...

Super sweet, Nance! This is such a great CAS design, my fave kind. Love the glossy effect you achieved with the clear embossed button background, and the DSP is so fun and colorful!

Hope life slows down for you soon! Your lovely creations have been missed!

Marisa said...

Love the strip of DP and BG you created. Darling CAS card. Sorry to hear life has been winning lately - I can relate. Hang in there, we'll take whatever you bring our way :)

Lesley said...

Funky card Nance! Love how you used the button stamps! Sorry you have been so busy! Hopefully you will get some more crafting time soon!
Hugs!
Lesley

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Love your Wild Wasabi card! How clever and you made quick work of the stamping too. I really like your off-centered inside, what a great idea and it leave plenty of room for a nice note. Hugs.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Who gets the award for "super-efficient" stamping? You DO! I love how you got all those buttons on the large block. Yeah, I probably would have stamped them all individually, lol! Love how it all came together and the inside is awesome. I am going to echo Diane, in that I really like the off-center greeting. Great touch! Hope things slow down for you soon. {BIG hugs!} :)

Marina said...

The background idea is genius! I love it =D

LeAnne said...

I know just what you mean about busy....and of course, there is a bug following me as well! Hope you get some more stamping time! This is just a sweet little card; I love your little ribbon snippet in the button! Great colors!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely fabulous, Nance! I love how you stamped the button background! Cool! Hopefully you have more stampin' time this week!

Anonymous said...

So very cute! Great choice of products for this card and I love that embossed background.

Linda Callahan said...

Doncha love those clear blocks??? This is adorable - love the pop of Melon Mambo against the Wild Wasabi and the black accents are perfect!

jaydee said...

Nance, Love it..... great tip on the clear blocks! Embossing the buttons really added dimension and texture to the background. You knew I was going to love this card, right?
Hope you find a little downtime, my friend.
hugs
jaydee

Nancy said...

Very pretty card Nance, and I see you used your newest "tip" for stamping, great job.The DSP really looks like fabric on your card. Hope you relax some this weekend!

jjcreations said...

What a fabulous idea using the little stamps and the big block - very clever. I've missed visiting the last little while....will be back soon.

Jen Mitchell said...

Being a huge fan of buttons I can't help but love this. That's a great tip to put all of the buttons on the same block. What a time saver!