Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Blossom Lantern: {PPA87}

If you're looking for my Paper Players recycling card, please click here.

Happy Monday everyone!  Just wanted to pop in and share a card I made over the weekend with my mom.  We were inspired by a card displayed at SU Regional training using punches and a crimper to make a paper lantern.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the name of the artist, so if you know please tell me!  When I saw the latest punch art challenge at the Pals Paper Arts, I knew I had to enter this one:
I cut a Very Vanilla circle with my 3" circle die, stamped the spray of Easter Blossoms in Jet Black Stazon and ran it through my paper crimper.  The Basic Black Small Tag punch was tucked under the bottom and a scaled down Word Window punched piece was attached to the top with a loop of hemp twine.  The Word Window punch was too big so I tucked one end back into the punch, from the top, and punched again giving me a shorter window punch.
Of course, I needed to sprinkle a few Basic Rhinestones to the blossoms as well as a row across the top of the lantern. 
 They are soooo pretty IRL!  To the Crumb Cake base, I added some [retired] Urban Oasis and a punched border of Very Vanilla [non-SU].  
The background looked a little plain so I stamped the blossom spray in Crumb Cake and added a sentiment from Bring on the Cake.
I just can't put down those cherry blossoms!  So, the inside got some too along with another sentiment from Bring on the Cake.  Thanks for stopping by today!  Before you go, I would love to know what you think of today's card.  Have a great day, my friends!

supplies:
stamps: easter blossoms, bring on the cake
ink: crumb cake, jet black stazon
paper: crumb cake, basic black, very vanilla CS; urban oasis DSP [retired]
xtras: paper crimer, basic rhinestones, hemp twine, 3" bigz die, fiskars border punch

13 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance, I agree... this IS GORGEOUS!! I love everything about it. The blossoms stamp looks right at home on your pretty latern, as well as the background and inside; and the touch of bling across the top is perfection.
Your inside is as pretty as the outside. Love your trim down both. Hugs.

Linda Callahan said...

Wowza - beautiful Eastern elegance! Just gorgeous!

Nancy said...

Of course I love it, I have it's mate! Such fun being able to make a scrap mess at the table together. I think this is a winner!
Luv,
Mom

Christina said...

This is such a beauty! Those cherry blossom are so elegant, and the subtle stamping on the card base adds the perfect extra something. Love the idea of making your own lantern, too! So clever!

Lesley said...

Love this Nance! Totally a cool idea and it looks so elegant!

Unknown said...

I just love this!!! I will be featuring this on My Crafty Picks #11 on 4-10-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

LeAnne said...

Such a fun way to use this stamp set! I love it! I never think in Oriental themes, so I am always surprised at what you create!!!

jaydee said...

Nance, I gave away my crimper - it went off to Ronald McDonald house... mmmm... now.. .having seen this card, I'm thinking I should have kept it! What a fabulous idea and I love the black and white color scheme. FABULOUS
hugs
jaydee

Cards by Gina said...

Absolutely stunning, Nance! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week!

Ann Schach said...

Congrats on your PPA Pick! Your card was fabulous! Creative and classy! I love the crimping and the sophisticated color combination! Great job, Nance!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous! Love the colors the blossom image! Very creative. :o)

LeeAnn Greff said...

I believe that may have been my card. Here's a link to my post:
http://flowerbug.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/01/paper-lantern-card.html

Nance Leedy said...

Hi LeeAnn, I love your card too! The original card I saw was at SU Regional Training in Orlando and didn't have the Easter Blossoms stamp on the lantern. Isn't it funny how we both stamped the blossoms--just called for it didn't it?! Thanks for stopping by. :-)