Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Color Dare Goodbye {CD99}

Happy Wednesday friends!  The design team got a week reprieve on our final card for the Color Dare card so I can share this lovely color combination with you again!  
CD99
Marina Mist
Cherry Cobbler
Basic Gray
Last week, I made this card for you and luckily I had a reserve one to share this week.  I needed a masculine birthday card for a close family friend and these colors were perfect.
I used Clean-and-Simple FTL86 for the fun layout and a variety of circle punches with several different designer series paper.  I like how the letters in the sentiment from Bring on the Cake are bouncing around just like the circles.  I started to color in the sentiment with markers but decided that I liked the clean and simple look of all that white space.
 A clean and simple outside deserves a clean and simple inside don't you think?  I repeated some of the designer series paper and stamped two more sentiments from Bring on the Cake in Marina Mist for the final touch.  Today's card goes out to "Mr. Gino" from all of us under the canopy--Happy Birthday Gino!

I just know you're going to love working with these colors and hope that you'll play along with the Color Dare design team.  Check out their blogs below for more inspiration and share some comment love with them.  They are a talented group of crafters and I've enjoyed working with them each week.  Thanks for stopping by, friends!
the {simple} goods:
stamps: bring on the cake, sanded BG
ink: marina mist, jet black stazon
paper: whisper white, cherry cobbler, marina mist, basic gray CS; patterns designer series stack (subtles); jolly holiday & walk in the park dsp [retired]
xtras: 1 3/8",  1 1/4" and 1" circle punches; corner rounder punch; square lattice EF

    7 comments:

    Marisa said...

    Good for you for getting a second card done! Not so in my world :( Such fabulous masculine colours and you did a great job with them again.

    Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

    Nance this is a GREAT masculine card... love the CAS for masculine. Gino will love it and hope I get to play along this week at CD. Hugs

    LeAnne said...

    Love this---such an easy yet impressive card! I am having a guy's card stamp camp and this would be a great one to do for that! So I am to understand that Riley is stopping the CD? I enjoyed everyone's creations so much each week even though I didn't get to play very often.

    Nance Leedy said...

    Thanks LeAnne--the guy's stamp camp is a great idea! The Color Dare is just taking a break for the month of March and will be back in April with a [mostly] new design team. The Color Dare is alive and well...just without me!

    Anne Marie Hile said...

    Nance, I love this one! Way to go for rocking this color combo twice, too. Perfect colors and design for a "guy card". I'm sure that your friend will love this one! :)

    Nancy said...

    Nance I really like the layout of this card, the simplicity and the colors and HE did like it very much.

    Glenda J said...

    Will miss you Nance! Great layout on this lovely card! Spectacular! Love the new blog layout too!