Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Easter Wishes for the Paper Players {PP38}

Happy Sunday friends and welcome to another week with The Paper Players.  Ann has chosen a soft color combination for our Color Challenge:
Aren't these colors beautiful together?  Despite a week off for Spring Break last week, I didn't have a lot of time for stamping so I kept today's project clean-and-simple:
I just love these cherry blossoms from the Easter Blossoms stamp set--so soft and pretty!  Here, I stamped the blossoms in Early Espresso directly on some Blushing Bride designer paper from the Level 1 hostess pack.  Love how the blossoms on the paper are reminiscent of the cherry blossoms.
I added two rows of a scallop border punched from Early Espresso cardstock.  Since the rest of the card is pretty simple, I needed some dimension here so I distressed the cardstock with a bone folder to curl up the edges and separate the layers a little bit.  I wrapped the whole panel with some yummy Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon under which I tucked a strip of Baja Breeze cardstock so the patterned paper would not show through.
Finally, I scattered some basic pearls among the cherry blossoms for a little shimmer and dimension.  Ahhh, love those pearls!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog corner today!  I hope you'll check out the rest of the design team's creations and play along with us this week!  Just be sure to link up your creation to The Paper Players blog by midnight (PST) Friday, March 18th to be considered for the design team's choice as Headliner or A Cut Above!  Have a great week my friends!

the goods:
stamps: easter blossoms
ink: early espresso
paper: very vanilla, baja breeze, early espresso CS; blushing bride DSP
xtras: baja breeze seam binding ribbon; basic pearls; scallop border punch

12 comments:

None None said...

Nance - Gorgeous! I love the little pearls scattered throughout as well as that lovely DSP! Love the CAS look of this card - it's being printed off and going into my sketch book!

Nancy said...

Such a pretty card, I think the simplicity is what makes it so lovely. Great choice of paper, stamps, ribbon and pearls, but love your use of the scallops, it really sets off everything else.

Christina said...

Oh, this is so serene and beautiful! The stamping looks amazing on the patterned paper. I love the ruffles at the bottom and that gorgeous seam binding! Such a beauty!

Amy Papale said...

Beautiful card, I too love the Easter Blossoms stamp set. Very elegant, thanks for sharing!

Linda Callahan said...

I love how elegant this is! And I love what you did with the scallops!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Simple yet elegant. Always a wonderful creation to be seen here, Nance. You did not disappoint with this one. All the best!

LeAnne said...

Oh so pretty!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is so pretty. I love that blossom branch stamp with those beautiful pearls and your seam binding bow is perfect!
Just beautiful.

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

Love that Baja Breeze seam binding bow. What beautiful blossoms too.

Thank you for everything!

xo, Marian Garcia (Studio M)
The Paper Players March 2011 Guest Designer

Lesley said...

Pretty and simple! I love it! The stamped image on the DSP is a terrific idea! Glad you had a good week off!

jjcreations said...

This is so simple and gorgeous, Nance. Love all the little pearls, and the scallops at the bottom.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, I'm so sorry...I thought I popped by for a visit on this one, but I am "sicky" so my memory is mush right now! Blah! Never-the-less, this came out beautifully. I tried to play with this stamp yesterday and couldn't get the watercoloring quite right. How cool that you used it with the DSP in the background? Love the pearls and (in my opinion) nothing can ever be wrong when seam binding is involved! So pretty! Hugs to you! :)