Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Go Dream: CD{99}

Happy Wednesday everyone!  It's another Color Dare week and we've got a fabulous color combination for you that I never would have picked on my own:
CD99
Marina Mist
Cherry Cobbler
Basic Gray
How cool is this combo--very fresh and sophisticated.  I used this great sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge:
I really like this layout and used it to combine a couple different designer paper in my stash:
 I started with a Basic Gray base stamped with a Basic Gray Sanded background and layered with some retired Jolly Holiday paper and the Patterns Designer Paper stack (Subtles).  My sentiment, from Word Play, was inked with Stampin' Write markers in the challenge colors and stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  My 3" circle die was the perfect size for the large-scale sentiment.
 
The sketch called for three elements on the left and without any brads in the challenge colors, I made my own!  I ran some Marina Mist cardstock through the Square Lattice impressions folder and then punched them out with the circle punch from the Itty Bitty punch pack.  Instant brads!
Just a quick post tonight, friends!  Please let me know if you have any questions and be sure to check out the inspiration from the rest of the Color Dare design team below:
Please check back tomorrow when I have a very exciting announcement to share...here's a little sneek peek for you...until tomorrow friends!

    8 comments:

    Marisa said...

    Love your take on the colours and your "brads" are FABULOUS!! Permission to case :) Now you have me wondering what the big surprise is too! If I lose sleep over it, it's your fault LOL! Can't wait to find out.

    Christina said...

    Love the way you've inked up the sentiment, Nance! Fantastic take on the sketch, too, especially your ingenious "brads". Looking forward to hearing about your surprise!

    Linda Callahan said...

    Oh those little brads are fab fab fab - each deserved its own adjective! So clever! I think this sentiment is a hard one to use effectively and you have done a super job with it! Maybe I will ink mine up some day :)

    Julie Davison said...

    Absolutely beautiful! I love every detail!

    jjcreations said...

    Awesome card, Nance. The sketch is great and I love those little lattice "buttons" along the side - great idea!!!

    Kitty A. said...

    Really FAB card! You have lots of darling creations on your site. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Anne Marie Hile said...

    So pretty, Nance! Marina Mist & Cherry Cobbler, together in one combo? *swoon* Love how you tied all the colors together in the sentiment and those little embossed circles are such a fun accent! Great job, as always! :)

    LeAnne said...

    Snazzy card---would make a great graduation card! And I can't wait for your announcement! :D