Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful for YOU {PPA83}

My big surprise today...are you ready?  OMG, I am so excited to tell you...this week I am the Featured Artist at Pals Paper Arts!!!  Did you hear my squeal?!  Words cannot express how excited, honored and THRILLED I am to join this super talented group of stampers.  And not only are they talented but the whole team is kind, supportive and so generous with their comments.  Here's the lovely color combo we're working with this week:
Baja Breeze, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake--beautiful aren't they?  I loved working with them to make this for you:
So when you're designing for the Pals, where to start?  Oh my gosh, talk about pressure! :-)  So, I looked in the PPA archives and found a fantastic sketch, PPA77, which was the perfect starting point.
 The single leaf stamp from Bold Blossom was inked in Soft Suede and stamped repeatedly onto Crumb Cake patterned paper following inspiration from a favorite handbag designer of mine, Orla Kiely--famous for her stem leaf prints.  Another patterned paper from the Neutrals Patterns designer paper stack, this time in Soft Suede polka dot provided the background on top of my Woodgrain stamped Baja Breeze card base.  The single Baja Breeze flower works well on its own with the coordinating sentiment also from Bold Blossom.  I wrapped the card base with Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon and secured the ends under the main panel.  A simple little bow was made with a loop of more seam binding ribbon tied in the middle with linen thread and secured with a glue dot.
I thought I was all finished but...well...it just needed a little something else and like the perfect pearl necklace, a scattering of small Basic Pearls on the leaf stems and the flower center was just the thing!

I hope you enjoy my PPA card as much as I enjoyed making it and savoring the moment when I received the invite to join this talented team.   A HUGE thank you to the whole team but especially Ann, Linda, Mary, Margaret and Debbie for their support and encouragement.  Please stop by Pals Paper Arts to enjoy the rest of the design team inspiration and play along this week--I can't wait to see what you make with these beautiful colors!  Enjoy the rest of your week, my friends.  :-)

the goodies:
stamps: bold blossom, woodgrain
ink: soft suede, baja breeze, crumb cake
paper: baja breeze, very vanilla, soft suede CS; neutrals patterns designer paper stack
xtras: crumb cake seam binding ribbon; linen thread; basic pearls; large oval, 3/3" circle and 1" circle punches

19 comments:

LeAnne said...

Yeehaw! You deserve it--and I love these colors and hope to play along too! Awesome creation!

Anonymous said...

Nance this is beautiful! Love the layout and the way you placed those little pearls!

Anonymous said...

Some celebrities do have talent - nice job!
Your biggest fans,
Arden & Baba

Nancy said...

CONGRATULATIONS NANCE, on being selected by one of your FAVORITE blog sites and teams as a Celebrity designer, what an honor and I know you are thrilled.
Oh, the card...love it, the colors are fabulous love the O.Kiely touch and the one little flower blossom is perfect as are the pearls just adorable.
Again Congrat's I know you deserved it your cards are beautiful..
Luv,
Mom

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I KNOW how excited you must be and wish I was in your kitchen jumping up and down, and up and down with you squealing..... cuz I KNOW you are. So glad you mom is there be my proxy! {squeal}
Your card is fabulous and I love the colors and the layout... but OMG... you know I LOVE those pearls!. HUGS

Pam~ said...

Stunning Nance! Love what you did with this color challenge (and sketch) and those pearls you added on the stems ... perfect finish to your beautiful card!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Nance! I love the pearls on the stems. Thanks for being our Guest Designer this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow a double whammy PPA card - sketch and colors! So glad you were our guest because you did a fabulous job! I always love how effectively you use that wood grain background. Think I need to go stick a few pearls on my card - such a sweet finishing touch!

Christina said...

Hooray!! A well deserved honor, Nance! Congrats!

Love your design with the sweet pearls and that gorgeous seam binding. PPA is lucky to have you this week!

Marisa said...

Yeah!!! Can you hear my over here on the West Coast cheering for you LOL! Your card is fabulous, Nance!! Love how you used the pearls on the flower stems. You have used the sketch to perfection too. Enjoy your time in the spotlight (((hugs)))!

Dawn said...

Fantastic card with just the perfect touches!

None None said...

Stunning card, Nance!! I love the little pearls scattered throughout the card front and the seam binding is to die for!!! You totally rocked it this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow, Nance! CONGRATULATIONS! They couldn't have picked a more talented artist. You know I am a big fan already, but I think it needs to be said again...your work is amazing! Great card with the color challenge and I was so convinced that I didn't need that set. Schucks, I'm enabled once again. Again, congrats to you!! Hugs! :)

Carla said...

Such a stunning card, Nance!!! I love it and the sketch you used. So beautiful and I love those pearls. I didn't get that set either, I am so wishing I did. I love how you used it. Hugs,

Cindy Beach said...

Congrats to you, Nance, your card is stunning!
I love your eye for clean design with just the right embellishments. Great job with the colors too!

Mike Funke said...

What a great use of that stamp set. It's always amazing to me to see a stamp set in a different light. I couldn't even remember if this was a SU set or not, but you've placed it at the top of my Wish List! Beautifully done!
Mike

Carrie Gaskin said...

Oh Nance - congratulations! They were so right to choose you as a guest designer - you have such amazing talent. This card is no exception - LOVELY!

Lesley said...

Oh wow Nance! How did I miss this? Congrats on being the GD for PPA! Your card is stunning, I love the clean lines and that stamp set with it!!!

Kristin Moore said...

Congrats Nance! It was a no brainer picking you, I'm sure! What an honor- you deserve it! Love your card too!