Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Funky Paper Players {PP39}

Happy Paper Players Sunday everyone!  It's a new week and a brand-new category of challenge for us at The Paper Players.  If you've played along with us you might have noticed that each week is a different type of challenge: theme, color, sketch, etc.  So this week we would like to introduce a Clean-and-Simple challenge with a sketch:
Lots of ways to go with this one designed by our very own Jaydee!  Here's my interpretation of Jaydee's sketch:
 
I stayed pretty true to the sketch but you can use the layout and elements as suggestions and go wherever your creativity takes you!  I started with a base of Night of Navy and stamped it with the Woodgrain background in the same color ink.
If you're a Canopy follower, you know how much I love woodgrain, lol!  For my focal piece, I stamped the little stems from Funky Four in Night of Navy, Old Olive, Marina Mist and Daffodil Delight.  My stamp-a-ma-jig got a workout here!
I stamped the sentiment from Apple Blossoms in Night of Navy and rounded the opposite corners for a retro look.  A Daffodil Delight mat, some sweet 1/8" taffeta ribbon in Old Olive and a single rhinestone wrapped it all up!  I find the tiny taffeta ribbon difficult to tie so I wrapped one piece around the front securing it to the back with some SNAIL tape and added the knot separately with a glue dot.  Much easier to tie and it saves on ribbon too!  Since this is just a little note, I left the inside plain except for a row of dots and another little stem.
I loved this sketch and hope you'll let me know what you think of my take on it.  I hope, too, that you will play along with us this week!  If you do, please use PP39 on your post and leave a direct link to your post on The Paper Players blog.  You have until midnight (PST) on Friday, March 25th to load your creation.  The design team will choose a Headliner and A Cut Above to feature on Saturday!  I hope you'll join us!

I just had to take a few pix of our beautiful white azaleas to share with you:
and the little friends that were visiting them this morning:

That's it from me...have a great week my friends!

the goods:
stamps: funky four, woodgrain, apple blossoms
ink: night of navy, old olive, marina mist, daffodil delight
paper: night of navy, daffodil delight, whisper white CS
xtras: corner rounder punch; old olive 1/8" taffeta ribbon; basic rhinestone

16 comments:

Marisa said...

Love this CAS card, Nance!! The image is wonderful as is the colour combo. Brightened my day to see your lovely flowers too! I'm jealous. Have to wait until May or so for our azaleas to bloom.

Christina said...

This lovely CAS design just makes my little heart pitter-patter! I've always loved those branches, and look so cheerful in the colors you've chosen. The opposite rounded corners are the perfect finishing detail!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Wonderful card! Great colors and a really pure CAS. I saw it on the PP blog and just had to pop on over and let you know how much I like it. As for azaleas, I have a couple more months to wait at my house. I am hoping all the snow this winter did not damage them.

Nancy said...

Be still my heart...I love the color combo, the stamp, woodgrain and the bitty ribbon (great idea too about tying it). I need a birthday card (Dolores B. in MI..already belated) and I think it's gonna be this one! Many thanks,
Hope the azaleas are still in their prime when I arrive they look lovely.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this CAS card is beautiful. I love your colors and the woodgrain looks great color-on-color. Your little stems are PERFECTLY lined up. I could never get that effect even with a stamp-a-gig! Opposite rounded corners are one of my favorites as are the dotted line inside. Just a GREAT CAS card! Love it.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful CAS card - love it! Still has all those Nance touches to keep me happy! I will send you some pictures of the beautiful white snow balls in my back yard!

Ann Schach said...

Clean and simple perfection, Nance! So beautiful! The opposite rounded corners are the perfect touch!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Love it, Nance! This is a fantastic layout, I think I might just have to play around with it. Great colours and choice of images on this too. Oh, and I'm a bit of a woodgrain obsessor too! Happy Sunday!

LeAnne said...

Love those bold colors and images.....PERFECT for the sketch! I love the rounded corners too, and your subtle woodgrain. I am so glad I got that set!

LeAnne said...

Oops, forgot to say how jealous I am of your FLOWERS.....we are supposed to get sleet & snow tomorrow!!! AAARRGH!!!

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

Super cute Nance! Love the colors and the slimplicity. I dig it!

xo, Marian Garcia
The Paper Players March 2011 Guest Designer

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hmmm, just when I thought I couldn't love this set any more!! :) Such a fun and happy color combo and the woodgrain looks awesome! It also coordinates with your blog nicely, too. Heehee! The details on the corners and that single piece of sparkle make this a wonderful CAS creation. Love it!

Beautiful flower photos, too. We hit up Lowes today to get the first flowers to plant for the year. Of course, I went with a LOT of pink. ;) They always look great here until the temps skyrocket into the 100's. Have a great rest of your day! Hugs!

Dani art 4 U said...

Love what you have done here Nance. Stamp-a-ma-jig perfection!! The colours look great to, my idea of Clean and Simple.

Cheers Dani xoxo

P.S. Great Azaleas

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Beautiful card Nance. I love the colours you've chosen and your rounded corners are cool!

Lesley said...

Hi Nance!
Let me say, your real flowers are gorgeous! Love your card this week, that woodgrain stamp is perfect with those little stamped images...so vibrant!
Hugs!
L

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Beautiful card!!! You lined those flowers up perfectly!! I really like the woodgrain too!
And the real life flowers are beautiful too! Can't wait until those start blooming in CT!
Thanks for visiting my blog :)
Maria