Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just Believe in Thanks

Happy almost-the-weekend friends!  Just a quick post to share a thank you card I made recently for a friend.  I liked this one so much I made two and sent it to yet another friend!  It all started with a past sketch from the operators at Stamping 411:
I was really intrigued by the sideways sentiment and wanted to give it a try.  So here is what I came up with:
I started with a piece of glossy white cardstock on which I sponged Champagne Mist shimmer paint then overstamped the flowers from Just Believe in Jet Black Stazon.  Here's a closer view:
A few Basic Pearls added to the shimmer factor!  I matted the main image in Basic Black and rounded two corners.  With the help of my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the flower frame from the same set in Crumb Cake off the side of the main panel:
Here you can see the lovely fleck in the Naturals White cardstock.  The sentiment is also from Just Believe and stamped in Jet Black Stazon.  I added some Basic Black designer paper [Urban Oasis-retired], a Crumb Cake scallop ribbon border...
...and wrapped the main panel in Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon with a little piece of Chantilly crochet trim.  And here's a little peek at the inside:
That's all today folks, I hope you like it!  Thanks for stopping by and for all your encouraging comments.  Hugs to you!

the goods:
stamps: just believe, punched posies  [retired]
ink: jet black stazon, crumb cake
paper: naturals white, basic black, crumb cake CS; urban oasis DSP [retired]
xtras: crumb cake seam binding ribbon; chantilly crochet trim; champagne mist shimmer paint; basic pearls; stamp-a-ma-jig; corner rounder punch

8 comments:

Helen said...

This is beautiful. We're using this set at my brayering class tomorrow.

Marisa said...

Total gorgeousness, Nance! Love the image behind the sentiment panel and one can't go wrong with that fabulous main panel flower image.

Christina said...

Oh my gorgeousness, Nance! This is completely elegant and lovely. The sponging adds such a nice shimmer that must be breathtaking in person. Absolutely beautiful work!

Nancy said...

I agree with everyone else, this is beautiful. I love the way the sentiment is sideways for a different effect. Can you believe I had this set out on my craft table last night to attempt to make a card, but got side tracked! Now I have a fabulous card to CAS.

jjcreations said...

This is gorgegous, Nance. So classy looking. I love how you added that bit of crochet trim to the bow - what a wonderful addition! The pearls are a perfect addition to these flowers too. AWESOME!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the shimmer and shine on this - gorgeous! And the sideways sentiment adds an unexpected touch - love it!

Kristin Moore said...

Oh My! What fabulous shine! Love the shimmer and great photography! Such a sophisticated look- well done!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, this is elegant and fabulous, in every way! The champagne shimmer paint is an awesome touch! Sassy and chic...and a perfect "Nance creation"! :)