Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spring has Sprung {PP37}

Happy Sunday, friends, and welcome to another week with The Paper Players where our Theme Challenge welcomes Spring!
I recognize that it might not be Spring yet in your part of the world but we're hoping that our collective projects will make it happen that much sooner!  Today's card features the Awash with Flowers stamp set and a springtime color combination of Old Olive, Pretty in Pink and Daffodil Delight:
The flowers are stamped onto Whisper White in Daffodil Delight and Pretty in Pink while the stems and leaves are inked in Old Olive.  Awash with Flowers is a great stamp for achieving a watercolor look without any water--perfect for my watercoloring challenged self!  The Old Olive card base was stamped in the same ink with the French Filigree background stamp and layered with some designer paper from the Subtles pattern pack.
The sentiment from Easter Blossoms was the perfect thought for this Springtime card and punched with the Large oval punch it mats nicely with a Pretty in Pink scallop oval.  I punched the sentiment slightly left of center so I could add a little Daffodil Delight flower, popped out with the Boho Blossoms punch, and centered with a basic pearl.
And speaking of pearls, I just had to add a few to the top of each Daffodil Delight flower for a little shimmer and shine!
Have I mentioned how much I {heart} our wide striped grosgrain ribbon?  Maybe just a few times!  Here I wrapped a piece around the whole card front and tied it off with some Linen Thread and a Daffodil Delight designer button.
In the interest of time, I've been neglecting the inside of my cards lately (shame on me!) so I had to pick up my slack on this one!  I stamped the French Filigree background in Old Olive again on the inside for a different look and topped it with Whisper White and some more designer paper to trim it out.  I've not stamped a background stamp on the inside before but I kind of like it!

Spring has definitely sprung in our neck of the woods so I thought I would share a few lovelies from our yard with you.  Not to tease you but to remind you that spring will come to your corner eventually!  :-)


Be sure to check out all the lovely design team spring creations at The Paper Players--featuring our new Guest Designer, Marian Garcia!  We would love for you to join us this week.  If you do, post your creation to The Paper Players blog before midnight (PST) Friday March 11th to be considered for A Cut Above or Headliner.  Have a great day my friends!

the goods:
stamps: awash with flowers, easter blossoms, french filigree
ink: old olive, pretty in pink, daffodil delight
paper: old olive, whisper white, daffodil delight CS; patterns dsp stack subtles
xtras: daffodil delight wide striped grosgrain ribbon; large oval, scallop oval, boho blossoms and scalloped ribbon border punches; basic pearls; linen thread, brights designer buttons.

14 comments:

Marisa said...

Loving the pearls in the flowers! Fabulous Spring card :)

Christina said...

What a spring beauty! That wide, striped ribbon is totally fabulous, especially the way you've tied it with a button. Love the addition of the pearls to the flowers, too!

Thanks for sharing some beautiful flowers from your yard! Just the bit of color I needed on a gray day. {hugs}

Nancy said...

Nance, glad to see you're including the inside of your cards again, cause they're as lovely as the outside. The background stamp is the perfect backdrop for the card (in & out) as are the darling pearls. The way you were able to photograph them makes the flowers appear to be opening (perfect for Spring). Your placement of the ribbon with the linen thread and the button just makes it complete. Sharing your backyard flowers was a very nice addition as well.

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Nance! This is just fabulous! The daffodil delight is the perfect "pop" of color! Of course, you can never go wrong with pearls!

Linda Callahan said...

Not a sign of spring in my neck of the woods so I rely on you folks to keep me encouraged that it will arrive! This is beautiful - I love the ribbon, the colors and those pearls on the flowers are the best!

LeAnne said...

Beautiful====especially the REAL flowers! I think those cheered me up immensely! The little pearls on your flowers are such a fun touch, as is that fab striped ribbon! What a great color for spring!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is so pretty and I love the little pearls as the inside of the flower. So pretty.
BUT the REAL flowers ... OMG I'm so envious. We got a blast of 3" more after we were starring at the frozen grass last week. I feel like it will never get here! Hugs.

Lesley said...

SO spring-y my friend! Love that you used the pearls on the flowers! That looks so sweet and the ribbon is super yummy! You are an enabler! Grrr!

Lesley said...

PS...love the flower pictures...we have some flowers poking up around here too!

Julie Gearinger said...

Nance- this card is fabulous! Love the color choices and all of those pearls:-) Can't wait for spring to officially arrive- TFS!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, I love everything about this one! The colors, the ribbon, the scalloped accents!!! Ah-MA-Zing! This is one of my most under-used sets, for some reason. You always seem to inspire me to look at my stamps in a new light! Thank you! :) Hugs to you!

Twila said...

What a beautiful card. Love all the little details.

jjcreations said...

First - I am SOOOOOO jealous of the flowers! The real ones that is....I still can't see out of my stamping window because of the snow in my front yard - which is armpit high and we're expecting more at the end of this week. The farmers will be happy once spring does arrive!

I love how you've created the flowers on your card. I can't get this stamp set to work for me - this is so cool and I love the little pearls, they reallly perk the flowers up! I guess I just have to jump in with this set and give it a whirl!!!

Have a fabulous day - Hugs,
Joan

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

Hello Nance! Thank you for the warm welcome on being the Paper Players GD for March I'm having so much fun. Love how all the flowers "pop" on your card & with the pearls too. I adore how you tied the striped grosgrain ribbon too ... it's so sweet.

Yea, I just became a follower for Canopy Crafts!

Have a great evening!
xo, Marian