Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Haunted Forest {CCMC164}

Happy Thursday friends and welcome to another week with the Create with Connie & Mary design team!  We know how much everyone loves a sketch and this week's is a fun one.  Check it out:
As you will see, I took a few liberties with the sketch so feel free to use it as inspiration!  Instead of a square, you could make a standard A2 size card as I did:
I couldn't wait to a) order the Haunted Forest (upcoming holiday mini) single stamp and b) play with it!!  This sketch gave me the perfect canvas for this stamp.  I heat embossed it in black onto Very Vanilla cardstock and sponged the Rich Razzleberry sky with a More Mustard moon.  So spooky!  You have to see this stamp up close to wonder at the detail of it:
and there's even a little mouse in the corner:
Aww!  You can also see that I added some Old Olive grass to tie in with the Old Olive mat.  That itty bitty grass stamp is a favorite of mine and it's from the Pony Party stamp set...go figure!

I hope you enjoyed today's card--I sure love this stamp!  I hope you do too because you'll likely see a lot more of it, LOL!  Be sure to pop on over to check out the rest of the Create with Connie & Mary design team for some fabulous inspiration!  Have a great day friends!





supplies:
stamps: haunted forest (holiday mini); pony party; woodgrain (of course!); four frames
ink: rich razzleberry, more mustard, versamark, old olive
paper: rich razzleberry, more mustard, old olive, very vanilla
xtras: black stampin' emboss powder; decorative label punch; black wide striped grosgrain ribbon; glimmer brads (neutrals), 7-sided tool; color spritzer; crumb cake marker

20 comments:

Rita W said...

Nance, I was looking at this stamp last night and I really like it! You did such a great job with the colors and of course I love the background stamp. :)

LOVE the new look of your blog; Lesley did a great job.

Lauri said...

wow! great!!!! Love how you added the background! love your blog too!

LeAnne said...

Love this---such a cute stamp and what a great spooky moon you've added!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is so cool.... LOVE the colors! How spooky is that sky??? Great details in that stamp too, but I don't have ....yet!
Hugs.

Nancy said...

This color combo is so spooky, I just love it. Making the sky the same as your base card and the moon matching the label, matchy, matachy, right up my alley, it all looks fabulous. The stamp set is adorable and perfect for the size you placed it on. Love the way you drew attention to the wee mouse (isn't he/she the cutest) by adding the touch of grass, just perfect.
Luv,
Mom

Marisa said...

Love how you inserted the moon and used the tree frames for the colour frame. Great card :)

Jodi said...

Thanks for the wonderful preview. Love the rich razzleberry with the more mustard. Bet the stamp is a fun one to work with & especially color. Can't wait to see more of your ideas.

jjcreations said...

oo-oo-oo -Very cool card. I love how you've created the moon and the hauntingly purple sky! I like the stamped "tags" you've added at the side - great idea. Thanks for the inspiration - as always!

Anne Marie Hile said...

How did I NOT see this set in the mini? Probably because your card absolutely absolutely brought it to life! Wowza!! This is spook-tac-u-lar! Lov the coors and the fun scene you created. Hmm, I guess I really DO need that woodgrain stamp, too. Ahhh, Nance...you are such a great enabler! Lol! :)

Denise said...

Nance ~ I love you new blog look! Fabulously done Lesley and great card too Nance! TFS ~ you are an inspiration and I agree with Anne Marie too :-) Have a wonderful day

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful job with this stamp! Perfect Halloween card - amazing what a great detail the grass is! Lovin' the new look!

June Houck said...

Well NOW I love this stamp! You have such vision, Nance. Your colors are beautiful together.

I loke your new canopy (blog banner). Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

I really like the different colors in your card. The purples and oranges look great!


Brickcreator

P.S. swing over to my blog, new posts!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love Halloween cards and this is spooktacular! I barely noticed this stamp and in the catalog and now that I've seen your card I think I must have it. What an enabler you are!

Debbie Henderson said...

Nance, love the little scenery you created with this stamp. Beautiful colors!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Ohhh, this stamp is so very cute. I love how you've made the background and how genius of you to use the grass from the pony stamp set? Awesome!

Connie Babbert said...

Nance...I love this card...the colors just pop! Great job with the sketch! Love your new blog design, too!

Deb said...

This is a super card! I love this stamp! I love the sponging effect and your take on the layout! Super job!!

Margaret said...

LOVE the sky! I love rich razz for the Halloween color combination too! Wonderful card!

Ann Schach said...

Oooo...Very spooky, Nance, and oh so cute! I love it, especially the "Witch's Moon"!