Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Birthday Blog Hop

Come on and join the fun!  Today is a special day because it's Lesley Croghan's birthday!  Lesley is the founder of The Paper Players and someone that I am proud to call a friend.  She works tirelessly to make The Paper Players the best team it can be and strives to highlight new talent. She gave me my first spot as a Guest Designer and I will be forever grateful.  In honor of her birthday we have organized a Birthday Blog Hop of projects filled with happy thoughts and best wishes for our friend! 
I've noticed that Lesley has used the Up, Up & Away set recently so I started there...
It's a simple card based on a sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping and some gorgeous colors from the gals over at Colour Q: Lucky Limeade, Tempting Turquoise, Bashful Blue & Basic Gray.  Love these colors together!  I know you can figure it out but let me show you a few highlights:
I sponged the sky with Bashful Blue ink and a piece of cardstock punched with the scallop circle.  Sponging around the circle and moving it gives a lovely cloud effect.   Lucky Limeade and Tempting Turquoise markers inked up the balloons which I fussy-cut and decorated with Dazzling Diamonds.  Couldn't resist adding a few of my favorite cupcake clouds!
Some more clouds from the same set decorate the corner of the base and balance out the balloons while a few Basic Gray birds ride the breeze.

So, we hope you'll ride the breeze to the other Birthday Blog Hoppers, found below, and then make a stop at Lesley's blog, Always Playing with Paper, to wish her a Happy Birthday!  Thanks for stopping by today...Happy Birthday Lesley!

Birthday Blog Hoppers:

Anne Marie Hile - Stampin’ Anne
Carrie Gaskin - Artistic Avenger
Cindy Beach - Stamps, Paper and Ink
Jaydee - Stampin’ with Jaydee
Jen Mitchell - I Create
Joan Jeffery - JJ Creations
Lauri Ingram - Paperville
Laurie - Hiding in My Craft Room
LeAnne Pugliese - wee Inklings
Nance Leedy - Canopy Crafts (you're here!)
Rita Wright - Cards by Rita
Sandra Azzopardi - Sandra’s Stamping Spot
Tui Nathan - Stampin’ Time

    17 comments:

    Queenie Jeannie said...

    How awesome!!! Lesley is a sweetie!

    Lauri said...

    So pretty! Love how you made the sky!

    Sandra said...

    This looks fantastic, Nance! Your sponging is beautiful!

    Nancy said...

    Adorable card Nance, love your sponging, the card colors and those itty-bitty birds, just luv 'em. Nice job on the hot air balloons too.
    Luv,
    Mom

    Tui Nathan said...

    So gorgeous Nance ... love the colours, love the balloons and your sponging is fabulous!!!

    LeAnne said...

    Sweet! She'll "love" this card!

    Linda Callahan said...

    This is so cute - love the birds and always love the clouds :0) I am sure she will be dazzled by it all - what a great way to say Happy Birthday!

    jjcreations said...

    This is so much fun, Nance. I love those clouds and the sky is perfect.

    jaydee said...

    Nance, fabulous job with this set. I love how you inked in the clouds. Love the color scheme, too. Lesley is sure to be thrilled with this card.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

    Nance very cute card and love the colors. I especially like the little clouds peeking out on the base and of course the touch of bling on the balloons. Can't wait to visit the blog hop for Lesley... Hugs

    Rita W said...

    Nance, this is just too cute. I love those colors; they are just perfect to highlight this adorable set!

    Carrie Gaskin said...

    Nance, this is adorable. I love your colour choices and the "feel" of this lovely design. Thank you so much for all your hard work today!

    Laurie HIMCR said...

    Pretty card! The colors are perfect together and you've created such a scene! TFS!

    Jen Mitchell said...

    Great job with the sponged sky Nance. That's one thing I'm afraid to try! Your hot air balloons are perfect against it!

    Anne Marie Hile said...

    Nance, visiting your blog alays makes me smile! LOVE this card! I just got this set and this is some fantastic inspiration to ink it up for the forst time! That sky and the sparkly details wrap this one up perfectly. You rock, my friend! Hugs! :)

    PS: Thank SO much for organizing this awesome blog hop for the birthday girl!

    Mary Davidson said...

    This is darling, Nance! I love the dimension and how you used the ColourQ colors! Very cool! My stamp set is coming tomorrow! YAY!

    Cindy Beach said...

    WOW! Nance, I LOVE what you've done with this set! Your details on the balloon and the sky create a perfect scene. I love the earthy colors too. Beautiful!