Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Crisp Clean Summer: {CCMC161}

Hi friends and welcome to the Thursday Challenge at Create with Connie & Mary!  Last week's challenge was a doozy for me but it looks like many of you really rocked that crazy sketch!  This week Connie & Mary went much easier on us with a classic and elegant color combination:
I love black and yellow together--it always makes me think of crisp summer clothes with clean and classic lines, very Talbot's if you know what I mean!  Here's my take on crisp, clean and summer:
If only the weather had been bright and sunny for a better photo!  I have been itching to try this simple technique with the Flower Fest set and I chose the big beautiful zinnia.  I stamped it in Jet Black Stazon and then colored inside each petal with a Daffodil Delight marker--it really gives the flower dimension doesn't it? 
Of course, I stamped it a few more times and cut each successive layer out and popped it up on a dimensional.  Adding a little dazzling diamonds and a Basic Black Glimmer Brad to the mix as well.  The Old Olive snuck in in a scrap of embossed cardstock I already had.  The leaves were punched with the Build-a-Blossom punch and bent for added interest.

Clean and classy absolutely must include polka dots and this card has twice the polka dots!  This is my first use of the new Polka Dot Scallop ribbon and it is lovely!  Here, I wrapped one piece around the front of my cardstock and secured it to the back with snail.  Made a loop of ribbon from a separate piece, pinched in the middle, added a Glimmer Brad and adhered with a glue dot...instant bow!
And one last detail to show you that adds so much to the card IRL.  I heat embossed more zinnias in the opposite corners of my card base for added texture and shine.  It's difficult to capture in the photo but it really pops! 

I hope you've enjoyed my Crisp Clean Summer card today....I'd love to hear your comments.  I read and treasure each and every one of them!  I know the rest of the Create with Connie & Mary design team has some amazing projects for you so be sure to stop by.  We hope you'll join us this week, I'd love to come visit you!

supplies:
stamps: bring on the cake, flower fest
ink: jet black stazon, versamark
paper: basic black, whisper white, daffodil delight, old olive CS; designer series pattern stack (brights)
xtras: glimmer brads (nuetrals); polka dot impressions folder; top note die; basic black polka dot scallop ribbon; 2 3/8" scallop circle punch; build a blossom punch; black stampin' emboss powder

27 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Wow I love these clean crisp colours and I love how you have combined them on this card. The layering of the flower makes it look so good and the Dazzling Diamonds finish it all off!

LeAnne said...

So pretty---you're right, that embossing really adds a nice subtle touch! Wonderful card! And do I detect another card using your very own sketch this week??? Hmmmm?

Lauri said...

Another gorgeous color combo, and a great card! and yes..that sketch does look a bit familiar! Its' a great sketch!!!

Christina said...

Clean and crisp and beautiful! My favorite part is that gorgeous layered flower, but I also love the detail of the clear embossed blooms in the corners!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance you knocked this one out of the park! LOVE your colors and the layered flower is FAB-U-Lous! I didn't even like that set, but when I see it layered .... I LOVE it! Your dazzling petals are gorgeous, as is the polka dots (love polka dots) and the added touch of the clear embossed BG {I call these only YOU details} is amazing.

June Houck said...

So elegant and beautiful. Wonderful color combo for the challenge, but your attention to detail make this a perfect card :)

jaydee said...

Nance, these colors work so well together on your card. It's also a beautifully composed card and I love that you used your sketch again! The pop of bling is just perfect on the edges of the flowers.
hugs
jaydee

Anonymous said...

Those flowers looked like they took a little time. Pretty card.

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Nance! Thank you so much for making an Iowa Hawkeyes card! And to top it off, it is Stunning with a capital "S"! I love your "dazzled" zinnias and your textured leaves! The heat embossed black-on-black zinnias are so creative! Perfect!

Marisa said...

Just love this colour combo and you have use dit fabulously! Love the flower and of course, the swiss dots :) Nice to be back in cyber world after being away for two weeks. Trusting all is well with you :)

Sandie Conner said...

Such a pretty card. I really love how the colors turned out, and the pop of the embossing on the black is perfect!

Pam~ said...

I LOVE this look on your flower! It looks spectacular, Nance! A perfect card!

Jen Mitchell said...

You really rocked that color challenge! I absolutely adore how you've colored those flowers and embossed the leaves. The whole package is stunning!

Margaret said...

So pretty! I love all of the layers and embossing and that glitter is the perfect finish to the lovely flowers!

Linda Callahan said...

The yellow and black together are simply the bee's knees! Wonderful! This card is a knockout for sure - love the glimmer and shine :)

Deb said...

I sure do LOVE this!! It is clean, crisp and says summer in a most beautiful way!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty! Love the lovely flower, the dimension, the sparkle... great colors!

Debbie Henderson said...

The Top Note on the bottom is so clever and that flower is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Very lovely card. I too love the yellow, black, and white. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Joan
MN
gjgarlough@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Your card is a real beauty!

Jodi said...

What a great color combination! I love your crisp clean card. That pop with the zinnias in the corner of the black cardstock is such a beautiful touch. Wouldn't that make such a pretty background paper? Love it!

Susan Joyce said...

Totally delightful! Love all the different elements you used to make your card.

Carrie Gaskin said...

Wowza on the cutting! Great job. The popped out effect is just lovely. And another cool layout too!

Lisa Martz said...

Absolutely delightful! So glad to have you on the CCMC Design Team!

Connie Babbert said...

I just think that Flower Fest set makes the prettiest cards! I love the bright and cheerful look you obtained with the color challenge! Great job with a GORGEOUS card!

Margarita said...

Love, Love this card. The flower is the juiciest part of the card! All that cutting....my work looks like a second grader!
You did a fantastic job!

Betty O said...

OMGosh, this card is gorgeous! Saw it on Pinterest and have searched your blog for over an hour to find the specifics. It is truly magnificent.