Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dapper Ducky {CCMC162}

Happy Thursday friends!  Thursday means it's another fun challenge over at Create with Connie & Mary and this week it's a sketch challenge.  Everyone loves sketches right?  So take a look at CCMC162:
A good, clean, classic sketch that can be interpreted any number of ways.  I am in need of yet another baby card for friends of ours so here's what I made for them:
Aww, isn't that little ducky from  Easy Events the cutest?!  He looks so dapper in his hat and umbrella!  Here, let me show you a close-up:
He is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and colored with a blender pen and ink pads in So Saffron, Marina Mist, Certainly Celery and Peach Parfait.  Did you notice how the umbrella extends beyond the circle?  Before I punched it, I snipped around the top part of the umbrella then slid the cardstock into my 1 3/4" circle punch but pulled the umbrella up so it didn't get punched out!  Just a fun little detail--you know the ones I kinda obsess over! ;-)
I colored the wave with a blender pen and Marina Mist ink and, of course, had to add some Dazzling Diamonds to make them sparkle. Can't seem to make a card without DD lately.
And the finished inside stamped with a Marina Mist sentiment from Friendly Phrases, some Certainly Celery DSP and another little So Saffron ducky!  Pretty quick and easy...the hardest part was deciding what colors to use!

I hope you've liked today's sketch card...check out all the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Create with Connie & Mary Design Team and then think about what you might do with this sketch.  We would love for you to play along with us!  Thanks for stopping by...cheers!

supplies:
stamps: Easy Events, Friendly Phrases
ink: So Saffron, Marina Mist, Certainly Celery, Peach Parfait, Chocolate Chip
paper: So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Marina Mist, Peach Parfait CS; Pocketful of Posies DSP; Designer Patterns Stack (Subtles)
xtras: Dazzling Diamonds; Linen Thread; SU buttons [retired]; 1 3/4" Circle punch; 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch; Circles die; Marina Mist 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

17 comments:

Sandra said...

This is so cute, Nance! I love you dapper little ducky! I'm going to try and make time this weekend to play along :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance your little dapper ducky is adorable! Lovin' how you cut out the umbrella... so clever. I really like the DD waves and the inside is darling. Hugs.

Nancy said...

How Ducky is this, love it! Such details like the way you cleverly extended the umbrella, the waves awash with DD, the new SU white twine on the button and the shell shaped DSP, just perfect!
Luv,
Mom

Rita W said...

I love it, Nance! So adorable. That's the second duck card I've run across this morning and I feel like I need to make one now. :) Thanks for the tip on the punching. I've wondered if we could do that without nesties.

Deb said...

Thanks for explaining how you got the umbrella to do that because I would have been obsessing over that - lol! Such a sweet, sweet card!!

Christina said...

This is just darling! Perfect choice of colors, and I love the little umbrella popping out of the circle. Such a sweet card for a new baby!

Linda Callahan said...

I am such a fan of that dapper duck! This is adorable! And the punch tip is terrific! I love how you use the wide ribbon - I have so much of it and struggle to use it. I have to work on that!

LeAnne said...

Oh, he is dapper! I just love his little blue hat! Great sketch---I hope I can play this week!

Lisa Kmiec said...

This is adorable Nance! I love all the little details you added to it - the way you cut the umbrella, the buttons and the glitter on the waves! Very cute!

June Houck said...

Very sweet card, Nance!

Pam~ said...

Darling Dapper Duck card! Love the sparkling water! This is a great sketch too. Don't think I'll get to play this week but will definitely use it later.

Lesley said...

Simply adorable! I never noticed that set! Must look at it a little more closely! Great sketch! I hope I can join in this week.
Smiles,
Lesley

Marisa said...

That little duckie is too cute :) Wonderful use of the sketch. I;ve saved it and hope to get time to use it this week! Been so busy with the Verve sneak peeks that life has been put on hold LOL!

Debbie Henderson said...

I so love the illusion of your dapper ducky swimming in a field of oats or wheat. The DSP makes me think of that! Cute, cute, cute!

Anne Marie Hile said...

You can NEVER have too much Dazzling Diamonds on a card, Nance! Trust me on this one! :) This is absolutely the most darling baby card EVER! Love that little dapper duck. Fabulous mix of patterns and I love the button accents. Too cute! Hugs! :)

Carrie Gaskin said...

Cute! I have to play around with Easy Events more - you are totally inspiring me!

Connie Babbert said...

Love how you did the umbrella! You've inspired me to get that set out and play with it! Great job with the sketch!