Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Embossed Wedding Frame

Happy Tuesday evening all!  Tonight, I'm sharing a simple but elegant card I made for a co-worker's wedding.  The photos really don't do justice to the sparkle and sheen of this "Happy I Do Day" card.  The base is Baja Breeze over which I laid a piece of cardstock vellum embossed with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder.
Notice the embossed envelope too!  The vellum looks so pretty covered in Dazzling Diamonds and basic pearls:
But the really cool part is the embossed oval around the sentiment which was made with the new Designer Frames embossing folders (#123130).  There are two in the set:
and their size, 4-1/2" x 2-7/8", means that you can place them just about anywhere to create an embossed frame.  Here, I sandwiched my vellum cardstock in the oval folder from the side and ran it through the Big Shot:
Isn't it pretty?  Happily, the Wide Oval punch fits right in the center too!  I used silver Stampin' Emboss powder for the Word Play sentiment and popped it out with the wide oval punch.  A little whisper white organza ribbon hid the row of snail tape at the top.  And those pearls?  Not only are they pretty, they're hiding glue dots used sporadically to hold the vellum in place!  

Would love to know what you think of tonight's card.  Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for stopping by!

supplies:
stamps: Word Play
ink: Versamark
paper: Baja Breeze, Whisper White & Vellum cardstock
xtras: Designer Frame embossing folders, Elegant Bouquet embossing folder; Wide Oval Punch; Whisper White organza ribbon; Basic Pearls; Mini Glue Dots; Dazzling Diamonds; glue pen

20 comments:

Rita W said...

Very pretty, Nance. I have that punch, so I definitely need to get that embossing folder so I can make pretty frames too. :)

Jean McKenzie said...

Just gorgeous Nance!! The vellum with that embossing makes the card so elegant. I cant wait to buy the new Designer Frame folders!

Pam~ said...

This is very pretty! Wow, I'm lovin' the look of the dazzling vellum! The bride and groom will treasure this card!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! So classy and elegant, Nance! So many fabulous details...vellum, dazzling diamonds, and pearls! I LOVE it!

Lisa Kmiec said...

Very pretty! I love the embossed vellum.

petesprincess said...

love love love!!

Nancy said...

Nance, another beautiful card, like everyone else I love the embossed vellum, but I really like the new embossing frames, so cool. I love the little dots around the oval and the sentiment is so lovely especially in the silver embossing powder. The new couple will surely appreciate this card.
Luv,
Mom

Marisa said...

What a lovely card. Great use of the vellum and loving the sparkle you added!! Oval sentiment is perfect too. Great work once again :)

None None said...

Gorgeous, Nance!! I have these folders as well and have been thinking of how I want to use them for my first project with them. I love what you did so you have inspired me today!

Linda Callahan said...

Tell me again why I didn't order those frames? This is gorgeous - beautiful wedding card!

Christina said...

Gorgeous! Seriously, this makes me want to get married again (to the same man, of course)! The embossed vellum is stunning, and I'm sure it's even more beautiful in person with all of the glittery accents.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is just beautiful! I love embossed vellum especially with a little bling. So clever how you hide the glue dots and tape... and the oval added to hold the sentiment is amazing. I'm so glad you mentioned that the large oval fits perfect! So cool. This is just an elegant wedding card. Hugs.

abbartski said...

oohhh, sooo pretty! thank you for sharing.
stay well,
annmarie

Anonymous said...

Just an awesome, gorgeous, card! Love the blue and the silver combined. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Joan
MN

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is simply stunning.

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh my gosh Nance this is so beautiful! The embossed vellum looks fantastic! This is going straight into my faves!

Lauri said...

Beautiful!! Love how you used the vellum!!!

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... Nance, this is gorgeous ...that embossing (both) are fabulous. A beautiful, soft and delicate card, so perfect for the occasion!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely, without a doubt...GORGEOUS! Nance, you are such an enabler. I didn't WANT those embossed frames, but now I HAVE to get them. Sigh! This is THE perfect wedding card! :)

New England Wedding said...

WOW!!This is so nice....Hopefully on my wedding day, someone will give me a frame like this..I really like it so much.