Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Can't Wait for School {PP58}

Happy Paper Players Sunday, friends!  This week Ann is our hostess for a fun theme challenge and it's back-to-school time! 
No matter how much you love school everyone loves recess, right?  So I knew right away which stamp set I would be using from the Summer Mini Catalog--Recess!
Most of the kids I know are still young enough to love school so the expression on this little boy's face captures the enthusiasm of that first big day.  In fact, this card will be heading to a sweet little friend who starts his first day of kindergarten this month!
I stamped the little boy in jet black Stazon on Whisper White and colored the image with a blender pen and ink pads: Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight ad Crumb Cake.  The playground tree is from the Trendy Trees set with a few clouds from Up, Up & Away.
I stamped the hopscotch pattern, also from the Recess set, repeatedly on Basic Black cardstock with Whisper White craft ink.  The craft ink gives the perfect chalk effect for a sidewalk game!  The Daffodil Delight background was distressed with the 7-sided tool (love that thing!) and edged with the Spiral Border punch.
My new Pennant Parade stamp set and coordinating Petite Pennant punch went to work here as well.  I stamped the faux stitched border onto polka dot patterned paper from the Designer Paper Patterns Stack in brights (Old Olive & Daffodil Delight), neutrals (Crumb Cake) and regals (Riding Hood Red).  Love these pattern stacks--they're a great value!  The Petite Pennants punch popped out the sweet little pennants which I adhered to some 1/8" Old Olive taffeta ribbon with sticky strip.  The Daffodil Delight stars and sentiment are all from Pennant Parade too! 

So whether you have children of your own in school or not, I'll bet you know somebody who is starting a new school year soon.  Wouldn't they love to receive a card from you to kick the year off right?  I know they would...and we would love to see it over at The Paper Players.  Be sure to link up your creation before Friday, August 12th at midnight (PST).  We have a new Guest Designer joining us this month, the Artistic Avenger herself, Carrie Gaskin!    Check out all the fabulous inspiration from Carrie and the rest of our design team---have I mentioned how great these ladies are?!

The Paper Players Design Team

supplies:
stamps: recess, trendy trees, up up & away
ink: basic black, old olive, crumb cake, riding hood red, whisper white craft, jet black stazon
paper: crumb cake, basic black, daffodil delight, whisper white
xtras: 2.5", 1/2", & 3/4" circle punches, petite pennants punch, 1/8" old olive taffeta ribbon, spiral border punch [retired], blender pen

19 comments:

Lauri said...

That little boy is so lucky to receive such a sweet card for his first day at school! I love how you designed it, using the Recess set!

None None said...

I love that pennant at the top with the ribbon - what a fantastic idea! Love the woodgrain background and the Recess set is just adorable - I completely missed it in the mini - my eye tends to skip over "kid" themed sets so I need to look at sets more closely. But then again, that's why you guys are here - to enable me. :)

Nancy said...

Absolutely adorable, the little boy jumping rope is so darn cute and the addition of the tree, and clouds make it perfect. I really like the background hop scotch, it looks like a chalk board in the classroom & the light stamping on the ground didn't go unnoticed either, great job. I've not previously been a fan of the pennants, stamps or punch, but as usual you have made me wish I had them.
luv, Mom

Christina said...

Darling card for back to school, Nance! I love the little scene you created and the fabulous chalkboard look!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the hopscotch background! This is so cute - makin' me want this set :) And I love how you made the scene in the circle - so creative!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is adorable! I like how you added the little tree ... genious! The hop-scotch in white on the black absolutely resembles a chalkboard! Love the little pendants and everything else about it.
I was so excited this was the theme because I JUST made a card last using Recess! yippee..off to post for the challenge. Hugs.

Marisa said...

Too cute :) Love the hopscotch in the BG and the banner is perfect. Great image - loved to skip at recess and lunchtime so brings back great memories - even it they are from loooooong ago LOL!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, this little image just makes me smile. I LOVE the hopscotch, too! Awesomely sweet card!

Tara Bilbao said...

Nance this is just way too cute. I love you color combo and how you attached your banners to the ribbon. Just adorable! Your use of multiple sets to create the rope skipping scene is oh so clever!

Anonymous said...

This card is absolutely darling. Love the pennant stamp set. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Ann Schach said...

What a super sweet card, Nance! This is sure to make your little friend's first day of kindergarten special! You nailed this challenge spot on...from the pennants to the images to the spiral punch! Adorable!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Look at you, Nance...making me "need" this cutie patootie stamp set! Love how this came out! The banners just dial up the "fun factor", too. I love the sentiment, too. I'm sure this will be much appreciated by your little friend. So sweet! Have a happy day! Hugs! :)

Unknown said...

Too stinkin' cute!! I will be featuring this awesome card on My Crafty Picks #29 with a link back to your blog on 8-14-11. Make sure to stop by on Sunday to pick up your blog badge for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
Tiffany Bauer
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Jodi said...

Fun is the first word that comes to mind when I saw your card! The little boy looks like he's just having a good ole time jumping away. Think my favorite part though is the hopscotch pattern.

Carrie Gaskin said...

You're right - nothing is more joyous than a happy child. This is a great creation Nance!

Sandra said...

Oh this is just too cute, Nance! I love the hopscotch background and the recess scenery for the little skipping boy is so much fun.

Theresa said...

This is just way too cute!! All my students, despite my teaching efforts love recess. This card is just perfect.

Anonymous said...

What a great card! Saw your card on Tiffany's blog. TFS. Gill x

Lisa Kmiec said...

So cute! The the combination of the different stamp sets. They look like they were made to go together!