Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rita's Baby Blog Hop! {FMS37}

Surprise!!  Hi everyone and welcome to a special Baby Blog Hop where the design teams of Freshly Made Sketches and The Paper Players teamed up to celebrate...and surprise...Rita Wright!  If you're following the hop, you've arrived here from the fabulous Linda Callahan's blog where I am sure she had an adorable project for Rita!  This week Rita is the hostess at Freshly Made Sketches and all of us secretly made a baby themed card with Rita's sketch!  What a great idea, Lesley! 
Didn't Rita design a great sketch?  Love it!  So, aside from the sketch, I knew two things I wanted to incorporate for my friend.  One of her favorite stamp sets, Fox & Friends and one of her favorite color palettes of Basic Gray, So Saffron and Crumb Cake. So here is what I made for you, Rita!
Oh, I had fun stamping these little guys!  I think my favorite is the So Saffron owl peeking out from the corners:
And that little jumping monkey is so cute isn't she?  I know it's a girl because for one, Rita's baby is a girl (!) and two, she has a little bow in her hair:
I fell in love with the flower Rita added to the girl fox in this post and just had to CASE the idea for her special card!
And it is my opinion that Rita and her husband are going to be the best parents little baby Laila could ever hope for!  My heartfelt wishes to you both for a healthy, beautiful baby girl and many joys in the years ahead.  Come on Baby Laila, we can't wait to meet you!!

To continue on the hop, you're headed "down under" for a visit with the terrifically talented Tui Nathan!  Thanks for hopping by and be sure to hop on over to Rita's Creations and leave her some baby love and to play along with her sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rita's Baby Blog Hop

 Photobucket
Supplies 
Stamps: Fox & Friends; A Word for You; Occasional Quotes (retired)
Ink: So Saffron, Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, Basic Black
Paper: So Saffron, Basic Gray, Whisper White CS; Designer Series Paper--Patterns Stack (Subtles)
Xtras: Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon; Glimmer Brads (Neutrals); Scallop Ribbon Border Punch; Basic Rhinestones; Itty Bitty Punch Pack; 2 1/2" Circle Punch; Perfect Pennants Bigx L die  

22 comments:

Erna Logtenberg said...

this is funny! I used the same little monkey and same sentiment on my card for Rita :-)) Cute card!!!

LeAnne said...

This is a cutie for sure...especially the monkey with a bow in her hair!

Kim S said...

So totally cheerful!! After reading her blog post a few days ago about high blood pressure - a card that brings a smile is so necessary!

Linda Callahan said...

Truly adorable! Love the jumble of animals - and the monkey with the flower in her hair - sweet detail! And the Crumb Cake is great with the colors - I never thought of that!

Cindy Hall said...

Oh, Nance, this card is so adorable! I love the little girlie monkey, and those little peeking owls are so adorable, too!

Margaret said...

So cute and what a wonderfully sweet thing to do for your friend! Love all of the animals partying on this card!!

Rita W said...

Nance, this is so adorable! I love Miss Monkey with the bow in her hair. The colors and the stamps are perfect and I love that you used them just for me and Miss Laila! You ladies are too sweet. Best surprise EVER!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Stinkin' cuteness, Nance!! Love how you stamped all the little furry friends to create some fabulous DSP and that little monkey with the flower in her hair is the cutest ever. Every gal needs some sassy accessories! Super-sweet card for Sassy-Rita, for sure. Have a great day, my friend! Hugs! :)

Marisa said...

Totally cute :) Love that little monkey is adorable with the flower in her hair!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable...and so well thought will all of the little touches that Rita will treasure! Fabulous, Nance!

Lesley said...

Your peeking owls made me hoot with laughter! Super sweet card Nance, thank you for the wonderful badge you created!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance how cute is that! What a cutsie baby card and perfect for boy or girl. Love the little critters peeking in from everywhere, and the little girlie monkey with a hair blossom is adorable. hugs.

Patti said...

So cute Nance. Hate to see this stamp set leave.

Gisela said...

What a cute card, the animals theme is perfect.

jjcreations said...

What a fabulous card, Nance. I love how you've raised the little monkey's head. I also love the sentiment on the inside - too true! Hugs.

Jen Mitchell said...

I love how the owls are all peeking at us with their big eyes! They look like they've been caught with their hands (wings?) in the candy jar!

Such a sweet baby card using Rita's awesome colors!

Tui Nathan said...

This is just the cutest Nance with the yellows and greys ... loooove the monkey with the sweet lil hair accessory ... adorable!!!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Such a wonderful little baby card! That stamp set is just too cute. Love the flower in the monkey's hair :)

Elaine coustley said...

That cute monkey again, i love it & the little owls peeping. Lovely sweet card. x

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Such a cute card Nance. I love the way you've stamped all the animals but featured that sweet monkey.

Karen Aicken said...

That monkey just makes me smile. I like how you popped up his head! Great take on the sketch,
Congratulations Rita!
Cheers, Karen

Jen Timko said...

Nance, I just love how you used this set and Rita's colors for your card! This will be treasured for sure!