Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Congratulations Connie & Mary!

WOW, what an honor to be part of the 100th challenge over at Create with Connie & Mary! That's right, Connie & Mary are celebrating 100 challenges today with an extra special challenge featuring blog candy! Be sure to check out all the details over at CCMC. Your challenge?  Make a project featuring:
  1. A Celebration Theme AND
  2. Your Favorite DSP from the main SU catalog AND
  3. BONUS (if you want) use Banners or Pennants
Woohoo, a triple treat card!  I kept this fabulous sketch from a previous Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge just for today's project...it was perfect for incorporating the banner element!
With June just around the corner, I decided to use a Graduation celebration as my theme and turned to My Digital Studio for the hybrid elements of my card:
Of course I love Stampin' Up designer paper--all the patterns and colors are just fabulous.  But, I really love the Designer Series Paper Patterns Stack for their value and endless versatility.  Because they are available in each color family, it's a great way to ensure you've always got the color you need!  I used the Brights Collection for my trio of banners in Pacific Point, Real Red and Daffodil Delight.  The Neutrals stack provided the Basic Black striped paper that lends a formal look.    I printed the sentiment and the fun row of graduating feet in MDS using the Go Graduate set.  For the sentiment, I cut the paper down to 2 1/2" wide and put just the top half into my 2 1/2" circle punch to create the rounded top.  Love it for a different look! 
After I printed the graduates in their funny footwear, I realized that it made a perfect border across the front!  I colored their shoes, with a blender pen and ink, to match the designer paper.  Doesn't that ric-rack trim echo the banners nicely?  That was just a scrap in my Basic Black bag 'o'scraps!
I created the mortarboard out of a 1" square of Basic Black cardstock, a Daffodil Delight brad and some Whisper White Baker's Twine.  Cute?!
Lastly, I printed a sentiment and the flying mortarboards from the same Go Graduate set for the inside "coloring" the hats in Real Red, Pacific Point, and Daffodil Delight.

So, what do you think?  Let's Celebrate!  Come on over to Create with Connie & Mary to check out all the wonderful creations from the Design Team and find out how you can win BLOG CANDY!  Be sure to wish Connie & Mary success on another 100 challenges!  Thanks for stopping by today, friends.
Photobucket
Supplies 
Stamps: Go Graduate (MDS) 
Ink: None! 
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Pacific Point CS; Designer Series Paper Patterns Stack (Brights & Neutrals)
Extras: Tasteful Trim die; Designer Brads (brights); White Baker's Twine; 2 1/2" Circle Punch; 1 1/4" Square punch (to flag the banner ends)

16 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh so cute and festive. Love the banners and just a portion of a circle for the sentiment, very clever. Speaking of clever what about that grad hat, so darn cute! The rick-rack...I could go on and on, but then I'm your mother. Oh and of course the inside is perfect. Great card for Connie & Mary's 100 celebration.
Luv,
Mom

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cute! Love the "lineup" of grads! The banners are the perfect backdrop and your mom is right - the inside is perfect! I could go on and on and I'm not even your mother :) Hooray for 100!

Phyllis Strickland said...

Terrific card! You are incredibly talented and I love your style.

Connie Babbert said...

What a wonderful card, Nance! I love the grad hat and the banners, and that fantastic sketch! Great job on the celebraton challenge!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is cuter and cute! I LOVE that lineup set and use it every JUNE! Too too cute. Love your DSP banners and the grad hat... is perfection! I could go on and on but then, I'm just your downline! HUGS!

PS:
Might have to CASE this too! know. June is just around the corner don't ya
8-)

LeAnne said...

Super cute....love those little graduation feet and of course, the little mortarboard! AND your new photo!

Deb said...

I think that this is the cutest graduation image ever! I love all the different footwear peeking out! Too funny! Love the bright colors you used, too! Thanks for the inspiration as I know a few that will be graduating this year!

Marisa said...

Too cute!! what a great grad card!

Jodi said...

Great graduation card! Just love the funky feet!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Nance! I love the colors and the rick-rack border!

jjcreations said...

Fabulous card, Nance. This sketch works wonderfully for these little graduates. Love your colouring too.

Lisa Martz said...

ABsolutely perfect! What a fun graduation card! And it comes out after I SOLD Go, Graduate! Dang it! Oh well...I'll have to improvise! I have tons of graduations this year! Great working with you on Create!

TrishG said...

I love this! SO Fun. What a great layout. Really, really great grad card. I love the inside too with the different colors. WELL DONE!

Debbie Henderson said...

Oh I love the layout of this card and I like how you snuck the grad hat at the top. So cute!

Carrie Sampsel said...

Super cute!! I love the hat and I guess I'm going to have to start incorporating MDS into my cards more. I love that idea!! Awesome card!!

Margaret said...

This is such a great layout and I love those fun feet as your border!! Definitely a festive celebration card!