Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Day to You {PP95}

Hiya, friends and welcome to another week with The Paper Players.  Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas, grandmas, sisters, aunts and friends out there!  I hope you all are enjoying a relaxing day full of family, friends and whatever makes you happy!  Color makes me happy and this week our ever-talented hostess, Ann, has challenged us with this Schach-a-licous beauty:
It's too bad that it's taken me two years to warm up to Poppy Parade since it retires at the end of the month!  Oh well, I'll still keep my ink pad for the occasional bird or flower that just needs a pop of color.   Today it is a flower that needed a little zing and I love how this color looks with the Fabulous Florets stamp set:
Can you tell I've been trying to use up my enormous stash of designer paper?  It's really amazing how it starts to accumulate!  I layered 3/4" strips of paper in the challenge colors on top of some whisper white cardstock embossed with the Polka Dot impressions folder.  The ends were flagged with a 1 1/4" square punch and attached with SNAIL adhesive.
Onto the Whisper White Framelit Label, I stamped the stem/leaf image from Fabulous Florets in Baja Breeze and popped up a fussy-cut Poppy Parade flower from the same set.  I had to show you the crisp, clean sentiment I achieved with a sneak peek of the new firm foam ink pads coming out from Stampin' Up.  OMG, these are fabulous!  Great ink coverage with just a single tap on the ink pad.  I always struggled with Basic Black ink--it looked deep purple, never true black--until now.  The firm foam is great for a crisp image--thank you SU!
I did a little masking on the inside with a companion flower from Fabulous Florets--stamping in again in all the challenge colors.  The sentiment is from the soon-to-be-retired set, On Your Birthday, which will remain a go-to set even after it retires!

On a side note, a big thank you to everyone who left a supportive comment on my final card for the Connie & Mary design team.  I appreciate your kindness and support as I let go of some commitments (as hard as it is to do).  I will still post to my blog--at least weekly--and will work to bring you all the latest from SU!

So, I would love to know what you think of today's card.  Be sure to pop along to the rest of the Design Team for even more eye-candy.  If you can join us this week, please link up to The Paper Players by Friday, May 18th at Noon (PST).  I hope to see you in the gallery!  Thanks for taking the time to stop by today!

The Paper Players Design Team
  Photobucket
Supplies
Stamps: Fabulous Florets; On Your Birthday; Friendly Phrases
Ink: Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight; Basic Black (new firm foam!)
Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze CS; Flirtatious Specialty DSP; Greenhouse Gala DSP (retired); Hostess designer patterns stack (retired) 
Xtras: Whisper White organza ribbon; Labels Framelits; Basic Rhinestones; Polka Dot impressions folder; 1 1/4" square punch

19 comments:

Dana said...

I really like the way this card turned out. TFS.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Paper Potter said...

I love this card, Nance! "Me too" on the DSP .... I love it and just don't use it enough. This card is taken over the top with the fussy cut and masked flowers, and I think this would make a great card set with those sentiments. Can't wait to get all my new ink pads! TFS, Celia

Marisa said...

Just love how you used the colours, Nance! The strips of paper are fabulous and you know I always love a flower on a card :) Happy Mother's Day to you!!

Lesley said...

That flower just pops in Poppy!I am sad it is retiring too! Really pretty card and a neat layout Nance.

LeAnne said...

I can't WAIT to get my new stamp pads!! Wowza! It took me a while to get used to Poppy Parade but I like it now....and I love how bold and beautiful your flower looks, stamped in it! Fun banners, fun card all around!

Nancy said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you! Love this card the colors are spectacular and all those banners are so festive and of course the beautiful flowers. The inside is as pretty as the outside!
Luv,
Mom

Jodi said...

What a fabulously happy card! I just love the color combination. The dsp & flowers are so pretty together.

Ann Schach said...

What a great layout for using up scraps of DSP, Nance! Fabulous idea! I wish I would have discovered Poppy Parade earlier! It is now one of my favorite colors!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance what a pretty pretty card. LOVE these colors and that set is another FAV! Your banners look sweet against the white backdrop and the inside is just perfect! hugs

Maria said...

Gorgeous card! Love the banner strips! Beautiful flower, too!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Ah, I am so sad about Poppy Parade! That color truly is fabulous and so is your card, Nance. It's banner-tastic, to be exact! Ha! I love all of that gorgeous patterned paper to compliment the fun flower. This is fresh, fun and full of style, my friend. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Hugs! :)

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Nance - so bright and happy. Love how you've put it all together... I can feel a CASE coming on! xoxo

jjcreations said...

Oh Nance - I must say that I always love the insides of your cards just about as much as your outsides! You're an inspiration. I do love the outside of this card! All the wonderful layers.

Jenn Picard said...

This card is fantastic! Great way to use up all that DSP (don't get me started on how much DSP I have been hoarding-umm I mean saving for the perfect project:)I love the way you used all 3 of the colours and that Poppy Parade flower is so bold and fabulous! Great card my friend!

Margaret said...

What a beautiful card! I love those banners of DSP! (don't we all have a lot of paper?) The stamped flowers on the inside are wonderful too!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Really, really pretty card Nance! Great use of your stash of DSP. Hope your Mothers Day was a great one!

Lisa Elton said...

Nance I LOVE your layered banners and that pretty bloom! Wonderful card ;)

Bonnie said...

Poppy Parade is perfect for this flower and the banners you have made with scraps of DSP are inspirational! I'm always looking for ideas for using those scraps. They seem to grow.

Heidi said...

Nance, What a beautiful pop of color with that Poppy Parade flower! Every time I think I don't need the Fabulous Florets stamp set there's always a card that makes me think again...this time it's YOURS! :) Love the way you used scraps to create a background and the inside of the card is just as fabulous. Someone will be super lucky to receive this card in the mail! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!