Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to me! {PP97}

Hi there friends, I hope you're having a great Sunday!  I sure am...as you read this the family and I are hitting the beaches of Florida for a little R&R because...well, yes it really is my birthday this weekend!  What better way to spend it then crafting up a creation using this fantastic sketch from the lovely and talented LeAnne who just happens to be our hostess at The Paper Players this week:
It's a great one, right?  I finally busted into some of my sneak peek goodies to make a birthday card:
This card really represents my style so I decided it will be my own birthday card, LOL!  Really, the colors, the patterns, the bird (!) are all some of my favorites.  When you work with colors and designs you like, it's easy to pull something together, right?!  Lots of sneak peek goodies here, starting with the stamp set and that gorgeous bloom.  It's from a new set called Betsy's Blossoms and I've stamped it on a 3" circle of very vanilla in one of the brand-new In Colors, Summer Starfruit...love it!  It is an intense shade that I think some people are having intense reactions to, LOL, but I love it.  On it's own it might be a little strong but I think it's a great "mixer" color that pairs well with so many others in the SU color families!
The pretty little bird is also part of Betsy's Blossoms and I stamped her in another new In Color, Midnight Muse.  Sounds a bit like a romance novel title doesn't it?!  ;-)  Notice how even the ink coverage is, particularly on the bird.  Did you guess why?  Yep, that's the work of SU's new Firm Foam ink pads...WOW, love 'em!
A few more little blooms stamped in the background of the sentiment tag that I tied onto some Not Quite Navy taffeta ribbon.  It's a pretty good companion to Midnight Muse.  Notice the designer paper?  Yep, that's a new one too--Comfort Cafe.  I just love the chevron pattern!
For the inside, I really busted out the stamps in Betsy's Blossoms--using almost all of them in the set.  Again, inking with Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Pool Party and Soft Suede...ahhh {happy sigh}! 

I hope you'll think about joining The Paper Players this week with LeAnne's fabulous sketch!  Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration.  This week is the last challenge with our Guest Designers: Jenn, Heidi and Narelle.  I'm going to miss stamping and chatting with them.  They've done such amazing work for us these past weeks...thanks gals!  Be sure to stop by and give them some comment love--as well as the rest of the DT:

The Paper Players Design Team

 LeAnne's challenge will close on Friday, June 1st at Noon (PST).  Now go get stamping!
 Photobucket
Supplies 
Stamps: Betsy's Blossoms, Petite Pairs, On Your Birthday 
Ink: Summer Starfruit & Midnight Muse (available June 1st), Pool Party, Soft Suede
Paper: Comfort Cafe DSP, Summer Starfruit CS (available June 1st), Pool Party, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla CS
Xtras: 3" circle die; Not Quite Navy Taffeta Ribbon; Linen Thread; 1 1/4" Circle Punch; Basic Pearls;

20 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance... Happy Birthday (28th) and BTW your card is going to be late as I didn't get it in the mail soon enough! Aggrrr.
Your card is gorgeous and I love the design. That birdie looks fab against the new stamp and the chevron below is fab.
Happy Memorial Day weekend! hugs.

LeAnne said...

Oh, so sweet, Nance! A great birthday card to yourself! Love that DP and the colors you used!

Kathi said...

Georgeous card! Love the layout and colors you used! That set is definitely on my wish list! Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!

Rita W said...

Beautiful card! I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing birthday!

Marisa said...

Great card! Loving the colour combo and that set is adorable!

A HUGE Happy Birthday ((HUG)) to you!!! Enjoy your day and hope you are spoiled rotten :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Happy birthday Nance! And what better way to celebrate than with some R & R on a beach and a fabulously designed card! Have a great day!

Nancy said...

Love, love, love your card, the colors, design and new ink colors. I've already compiled my "want" list for June 1, and now have to revise it to include this set!!!
Happy Birthday to you, I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Luv,
Mom

Patti said...

Happy birthday Nance. Beautiful card . Love all the new in colors.

Linda Callahan said...

Hope there's cake! Happy Birthday girlfriend! Your card is gorgeous - love the inside - and I love seeing the new stuff!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Nance - I hope you've had a wonderful birthday weekend! I love your birthday card - the sneak peak DSP and stamp sets look wonderful.

Nancy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR NANCE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
Luv ya,
Mom

Christina said...

Happy birthday to you, Nance! Hope you're enjoying a relaxing weekend to celebrate!
Love how you used the new colors together, and that chevron paper is fantastic!

jaydee said...

Nance, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a wonderful birthday and a fabulous R&R weekend. I love midnight muse and the DSP is going to be one of the first things on my list on June 1. You might even have convinced me that I need this stamp set, too!
Hugs
Jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Happy, happy birthday Nance! What a fabulous card you have created! I love this set...and it works perfectly for this sketch! Awesome as always, my friend!

jjcreations said...

Hey, Hey, Hey - Happy Birthday, Nance! I hope you had a fantastic day! Love your card - inside and out as always!

Margaret said...

Well, Happy Birthday!! LOL at making your own card, but as pretty as this one is, I understand why! Such a lovely card to show off all of the new goodies!
Hope you enjoyed your special day at the beach!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Happy birthday to yooouuu, happy birtday to yooouuu, happy birthday dear Nance...happy birthday to yoooou! Hope you had a wonderful day soaking up the Florda su, my friend! Your card is fantastic! Love the cozy colors and all of the great details. Sending a big birthday (Hug) your way! :)

None None said...

Such a great card! Love the chevrons on the DSP and the colors are gorgeous. Hope you had a great birthday!

Heidi said...

Well, I'm a week behind...but HAPPY BIRTHDAY (a little late!). Hope it was filled with lots of happiness!! Love your card with all of the new sneak peek goodies!! I actually had pulled that set out to play with, as well, but changed my mind last minute. Can't wait to get it all inked up. The colors are so great together. I think I'm really going to like Midnight Muse!! Love all of the details...you have such a great eye for it!

I wanted to take a quick minute to say thank you for your kind comments and encouragement throughout my time with you and the rest of the ladies at The Paper Players. You are all an amazing group of women with incredible talent and what an honor it was to be stamping among you! Hope to be around more in the future! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

StinkerbellSteph said...

Gorgeous! I love everything about it!