Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Create Opportunities {CMC201}

Hi there friends! Today's post for Connie & Mary is bittersweet as it is my last post on the Design Team. I am sad to say goodbye but find it difficult to keep up with the team and everything else in our busy lives!  Ironically, my 3 year blogoversary was this week and when I reflect on these 3 years I am so thankful for the friends I've made and opportunities that opened through sharing what I love.  Opportunities like Create with Connie & Mary and all their fabulous challenges...so...wanna see what they have for us this week?
It's a sketch!  Isn't it a great one?!  So unique--love the banner and the repeated greeting.  My card is a thank you to Connie & Mary for all the hard work and inspiration they provide to us each week:

When I started this blog, I imagined that my Mom would be my only follower.  :-)  I never imagined that anyone else would find my cards inspiring.  I dreamed that someday I might be on a Design Team.  When the dream became reality, I found how inspiring it can be to share my creations with others.  Inspiring to make new crafting friends, learn from their
creativity and participate in challenges that stretch my imagination.  I find inspiration everywhere, truly, and yes, I even dream about cards!
So...thank you, to my fabulous friends on the Design Team for your support and encouragement.  Your comments brighten every week and bring a smile to my face!  Be sure to check out their work over at Create with Connie & Mary.  Most of all...thank you, Connie & Mary....for giving me an opportunity that 3 years ago I couldn't even imagine.  You believed in me when I wasn't even sure I believed in myself....
 Photobucket
Supplies 
Stamps: Loving Thoughts, Creative Elements, French Foliage; Four Frames
Ink: Soft Suede, Island Indigo, More Mustard
Paper: Soft Suede, Island Indigo, More Mustard, Lucky Limeade; First Edition Specialty DP
Punches: Bird Builder; Decorative Label; Fancy Flower
Xtras: Soft Suede wide striped Grosgrain Ribbon; Linen Thread; Framed Tulips Embossing folder; In Color Designer Brads; Homemade shimmer spritz; Stampin' Sponges

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Lots of work.

Lisa Martz said...

Nance,
I am going to MISS YOU! I know how things like this happen...busy times mean changes in our lives. I'm going to remain a faithful follower and hope to see you continue to create every now and again.

Your card this week is beautiful! I love all the textures and embellishments...really a WOW! It has been a pleasure working with you on Create!

Rita W said...

Sniff, sniff. I will miss seeing your awesome creations for CCMC. I know life has a way of getting busy on us and sometimes you just need a break. Lots of hugs.

Linda Callahan said...

And it's a grand finale with C & M for sure! Gorgeous card! Nobody does that striped ribbon better than you do - I love how you use it! Awesome sketch - and awesome card!

Connie Babbert said...

I SO enjoy seeing your fresh creations each week on Create with Connie and Mary and will really miss having you on our Design Team. Just say the word and you will be welcomed back with open arms!

LOVE the tribute to Create card and all the details you placed on here! I was VERY sad to see SU retire the 1 1/4" Stripe Ribbon.

You are such a CLASS ACT! Thank you for all your hard work...it was much appreciated!

Deb said...

What a beautiful tribute to Create with Connie and Mary - the card and the post!! I will definitely miss you!! Take care and keep creating!!

joanndeheer@yahoo.com said...

looooooooooove this card to pieces. would love to CASE it, if i have your permission. so ... i am totally befuddled on what has been stamped on the more mustard. usually i can figure these things out but even looking at your list of ingredients, i am unable to decipher this one. could you possibly give a clue? (i will probaly hate myself when you tell me how easy it is!!!).
thanks so much.
jo ann.

Paper Potter said...

Oh! I hope this doesn't mean that you will stop posting twice a week, or even once a week? I find myself looking forward to Thursday mornings to pop in and see what you've made for us. You will be MISSED greatly, Nance, if you are closing down. Please know how much I appreciate your consistency and inspiration. TFS, Celia Cawthon

Christina said...

What a gorgeous final card for the DT! Beautiful choice of colors and such a stunning flower embellishment. Hopefully we will keep seeing more of your inspiring creations, but it's important to live life first--those little ones don't give us much chance to slow down! Hugs to you, friend!

Marisa said...

Love your card as always, Nance! Great use of the striped ribbon and the sketch. Hard decision, but way to put family first - they grow up waaaay too quickly!

Nancy said...

Nance,
A beautiful farewell card for C&M blog and how lovely that they've offered to have you return when time permits, that says a lot!
This card is drop-dead gorgeous, love the colors (which surprise me), the flower, ribbon (can't believe SU is retiring the strip ribbon), the frame and the stamps are perfect.
Luv,
Mom (not your only follower)!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance... well if mom was number follower, than I must have been number two! You are such a dear upline and CCMC will miss you surely. this card is gorgeous as always and I agree with Linda that you are queen of the wide stripped ribbon! Wooo hooo. LOVE the inside too (as always) and how you off set the frame thingy... so cool. I hope you enjoy your time off as you would be welcomed on many DTs.
HUGS

Patti said...

Beautiful card Nance. I'm sure they will miss your creativity on the design team. I hope you aren't stopping your posts. Doesn't it stink when life gets in the way of your "fun"?

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful card, love these colors together and the embossed frame of it.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance just stopping by again to say I hope you have wonderful "Mother's Day"! hugs.

Debbie Henderson said...

Awww, so sad to hear you are creating your final card with us on the Design Team but totally understand. Blogging and creating takes up a lot of precious time and family comes first. I have enjoyed sharing our time on the Design Team together. Good luck and wonderful card for this week!

Lesley said...

Wonderful final card my friend...you use that ribbon so well. Such a lovely tribute to the team at CCMC.

Carrie Sampsel said...

Nance,
I'm sad to see you leave and you will be missed. I've really enjoyed working with you over at Create with Connie and Mary. Your work is always so inspiring!
This card is no exception!! I love the wording, the flower and the ribbon treatment. It's just beautiful!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, I am sad to see you leave the CCM team! You know I am a big fan of your awesome creations but I know that sometimes life gets the best of us all. If there was ony a way to get more hours in the day and survive on 2 hours of sleep, right? Sending you a BIG ol' hug, my friend! You are awesome...I think I MAY have mentioned that a time or two...or maybe more! :)

Margaret said...

Such a lovely card and I adore the inside! Wishing you well as you leave the DT, but I will still be around to visit!

Julie Marshall said...

Well, Nance, you will surely be missed on the team! Your work is fabulous and an inspiration to us all.

Love this card and that flower is my favorite part. There is something so timeless about black/white and a pop of color.