Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Purses for Tea {PP93}

Happy Sunday, friends!  It's bonus week at The Paper Players and that means Anything Goes.  But this week, Lesley has a twist for us...Anything Goes Tic-Tac-Toe:
That means create any project using items shown on the "game board" either across, down or diagonally.  If your selection includes the center square then add whatever you choose!  I went diagonally for Flowers, Designer Paper and added our newest die, Petite Purse!
Aren't they the cutest?!  As soon as I saw this die in the Summer Smooches preview this month, I knew I had to have it!  So many uses as party favors/name holders for mother's day brunch, bridal/baby showers or even a girls shopping trip!  These sweet little ones will get bundled with 25(!) of their friends and adorn the tables at the Mother's Day Tea party in my daughter's classroom this week.  Yes, I need to make 25 more...by Monday...ack!  Good thing they go together easy-peasy.
I cut the base of the purse from several patterns in the Springtime Vintage DSP [retired] and ran the die through again with a scrap piece just to cut the top flap from either a coordinating paper or from the leftover bits of DSP I used for the base.  To the handle I added a piece of cardstock punched with the Scallop Ribbon Border punch and adhered it to the sides with a glue dot.  The flowers on the front were made with the Boho Blossoms punch.
Since I've played around with this die a little bit now, I have a few tips for you:
  1. To get the flap curved so it fits nicely over the top of the purse, run a bone folder on the under side from the back to the front.
  2. There's a little tab on the end of the front flap that slides into slit in the front of the purse.  This holds the purse closed.  Poke your fingernail or the tip of a bone folder into the slit to open it up a little.  The tab will fit better and will actually stay closed.
  3. If you cover the front flap with DSP or some other material, make sure to put adhesive on all sides.  It covers the flap much better and stays in place.
That's it for me.  I'm not feeling my best...we lost the last of our fur-babies this weekend and it has been rough.  I know she's in a better place, playing with her brother in kitty heaven, but damn it's quiet around the house...too quiet.  I miss her old-lady-kitty chatter.  :-)  Take care, friends.  Oh, I almost forgot...be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team for some amazing work.  This is our last week with Guest Designer Shirley so be sure to give her some comment love!  Thanks for all your work Shirley...(hugs)

The Paper Players Design Team
Shirley Pumpkin (April GD)

 Photobucket 

16 comments:

LeAnne said...

These are so cute--I love them all and they'll be perfect for the tea. So sorry to hear about your fur-baby. Sending you cyber hugs {{{♥}}}!

Nancy said...

The little purses are adorable, the kid's Moms will love them. Once again I'm so sad to hear about Deci, my greetings won't be the same without her.
Luv,
Mom

Christina said...

Oh my heavens, these are darling! They are going to be the talk of the tea! I love that each one is unique.
I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty! How is Arden doing with it? My kids haven't had to deal with the loss of a pet yet, but I'm not sure who will be more broken-hearted, me or them. Big hugs to you, friend!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance these are just adorable. I like how you used the border punch piece with the handle. Too cute.
I too Love them... in fact they are my table favor for my next class this coming Wed. Can't wait. They each hold two York Peppermint candies. What's class without chocolate, right?
So sorry about your fur-baby. Hugs to you and Arden.

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable! These little purses are the perfect favors! I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your furbaby. Hugs to you from me, and Boxer hugs and kisses from the Twins.

Marisa said...

These are too cute, Nance, and will be a HUGE hit at the M-Day tea, I'm sure! Know I'd love to have one :)

Soooo sorry to hear about your kitty....our guy is 17 and I dread the day he dies and pray it isn't during exam time for my daughter as she'll be a wreck. They do hold a special part in our lives, that's for sure. Hugest of ((hugs)) to you, my friend!!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Sorry to hear about your little fur-babies. I know how hard that is.
I love this purse die too!! I love mixing all the papers and adding cute stuff to them. They look really cute on the tree thing!! Some Companys like Starbucks are making mini gift cards that fit right inside of them. I am going to really miss you too! I have had a really great time!!

Lots of Hugs!!

Shirley Pumpkin

Lesley said...

Adorable purses Nance, I want one of those dies too. On my wishlist. Once again, thinking of you, so sorry for the loss of your furry friend.
Hugs,
Lesley

Patti said...

What a wonderful assortment Nance. I'm sure they will be a big hit.

H2 :) said...

These are super sweet Nance. Love the flower trim.
Sorry to hear about your fur-baby.

Julie Gearinger said...

Oh Nance, love the little purses- I have this die but have not had a chance to use it yet.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your precious kitty- they definitely bring a lot of comfort and companionship... my prayers are with you.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness Nance...could this be any more ADORABLE!!

Bonnie said...

I'll be these pretty purses were a big hit at the tea! Sorry about losing your kitty.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, my friend, I am so sorry to hear about your sweet kitty! They are such special members of the family, it's hard when they are gone. Sending you a hug!

Your little handbags are so pretty! I love how you showcased all of that pretty paper, too. I have had that die for a while and have never used it. Why? This is wonderful inspiration to break it in. I'm sure these were a big hit at the Mother's Day Tea. :)

Jenn Picard said...

These purses are all so cute. I resisted ordering that die last month but can be sure it will be on my June order. Love the mix of DSP that used too, those patterns are so pretty.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your furry friend, sending you big hugs:)

Margaret said...

Adorable purses! I love the addition of the scallop ribbon border!