Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Better late than never! {PP98}

Hi everyone! I am so sorry for being very late with my Paper Players DT card...I hope our hostess Jaydee and the rest of the gang will forgive me!  We've had a very busy week as the school year winds down and with only 2 more days to go, we're in the home stretch!  And that's perfect for Jaydee's theme challenge this week...SUMMER!
Doesn't that look like fun?!  Love the photo and I took inspiration for my card from the clean graphic elements:
It's difficult to tell in the photo but the main panel with the sun is popped up on dimensionals.  I used a 3 3/4" x 4" piece of Daffodil Delight.  I free-hand drew sun rays onto a piece of Summer Smooches DSP, cut them out and adhered them to the main panel.  I cut a 3" circle from more Daffodil Delight and ran it through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  Then I trimmed all the edges of the main panel to square up all the bits of paper.
Of course, those are my favorite "cupcake clouds" stamped in Tempting Turquoise with words from Fabulous Phrases and punched with the Cupcake Builder punch.  I used a 2-way pen to add a little Dazzling Diamonds to the edges.
I didn't want a really bulky knot so I literally tied on a little piece of Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon with some matching Baker's Twine.  Makes for a different kind of "bow" and adds a touch of whimsy.  Whimsical is just what I need as this little card will get tucked in my daughter's backpack on her last day of school...hello summer vacation!!!

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team for their fabulous projects!  Jaydee's challenge will end this Friday, June 8th at Noon (PST).  Thanks for stopping by tonight!

The Paper Players Design Team
 Photobucket
Supplies 
Stamps: Fabulous Phrases
Ink: Tempting Turquoise 
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Naturals White; Summer Smooches DSP 
Extras: Square Lattice embossing folder; Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon & Baker's Twine; 3" Circle Die; Cupcake Builder punch

13 comments:

Rita W said...

Such a bright, cheery card Nance! I love it!

Christina said...

Well this just couldn't be any more cheerful, Nance! Sure put a smile on my face!

Linda Callahan said...

Hooray for summer! I always loved summer vacation :) Your card is perfect for a sunny summery hello!

Marisa said...

Love the sun you created and the fun pop of colour with the strip of DP. Well done! Hang in there with year end activities...my kids are out in a month and it is a crazy time of year!

Donna Earley said...

What a great card!! I love your creativity!

LeAnne said...

So happy and cheerful! I just got these words for my SAB redemption! Can't wait to play with them myself! Love your sunny rays!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your sun rays Nance and your little splashes of cheerful color at the end of the card!

Pam~ said...

Your sunshine card brightened my day...lovin' it!

Lesley said...

Wow! Awesome idea Nance, love that sunny card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, this just makes me happy! Such a fun design and I love the cheerful color combo. The glitter detail on the clouds is such a sweet touch, too. So pretty! Have a great day! Hugs! :)

Bonnie said...

What a fun, sunny, summertime card!

Margaret said...

Wonderful card! I love the sun and you chose such happy and bright colors too! Such a great idea to sneak in a card for the last day too!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance what a cute and cheery card. Love your sun rays.. so clever and I especially love the bow. Now the clouds are always a favorite...too cute. hugs