Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Paper Players Blog Hop {PP100}

Hiya friends, I am so glad you're here.  Today is a VERY special day at The Paper Players because we are celebrating our 100th Challenge!!  100 challenges with these amazing women on the Design Team who I respect so much for their creativity, support and friendship.  I am honored to work alongside of them and, though we've never met in person, I count them among my very best friends.  :-)
For our 100th challenge, we each chose a favorite past challenge to re-visit.  Looking back at our past sketch and color challenges, I was immediately drawn to Anne Marie's fabulous sketch for Challenge #65
Such a great sketch!  I love the focal circle and the trio of panels so perfect for featuring designer paper.  What sold me on using this sketch was that I didn't get to play with it the first time!  I was on a short break the week that it posted and am delighted to get a second chance!  The big brown truck delivered some new goodies this week and I couldn't wait to dig in.  New paper, new ribbon, new stamps, new colors...oh my!
There is so much inspiration in our designer paper and this one is Patio Party featuring some of the newest In Colors: Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit and Primrose Petals paired with Baja Breeze.  Gorgeous together.
The Summer Silhouettes set is great because each element is a separate stamp so you can mix and match flowers, leaves and colors too.  The leaves and stems were stamped in Summer Starfruit while the flowers were stamped in Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals and Baja Breeze.  
Summer Silhouettes also includes this fabulous trellis pattern that I used here.  So trendy!  I stamped it in Primrose Petals onto cardstock of the same color and used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up both rows.  Each panel is 4" x 1.5" and the image is stamped twice. I needed to pull in another color and frame the focal circle somehow so I used the Four Frames set and punched four Baja Breeze decorative labels.  As you can see above, two labels were adhered directly to the circle and two were adhered to the card base--giving each layer a little more dimension.
Those bitty pearls are the perfect accent for the Midnight Muse flowers, aren't they?  So, what do you think?  Will you join us for our 100th Challenge?  Take a browse through Paper Players history and see what catches your eye.  You can play along with any of our previous challenges (except Anything Goes challenges, please)...or, pick one of the challenges featured by the Design Team.  Hop along to all of their blogs and see which one inspires YOU to play along with us.  And did I mention?  This week's Headliner will receive ALL of the Design Team's cards--it's a Paper Players inspiration package!  So come along, join us, and let's raise a toast to 100 more challenges with The Paper Players!

The Paper Players Design Team

 Photobucket
Supplies 
Stamps: Summer Silhouettes; Petite Pairs; Four Frames
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals, Midnight Muse; Baja Breeze
Paper:  Primrose Petals, Midnight Muse; Baja Breeze, Naturals White; Patio Party DSP
Extras: 3" circle die; Decorative Label punch; Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon; Basic Pearls

23 comments:

Jo Ann said...

not only a beautiful card but so perfectly executed! i am a perfectionist and totally impressed with your excellent detailing.
blessings, jo ann.

Linda Callahan said...

I don't know where to start! I love all of the new things I spy - I have that stamp set out on my desk to use today for sure! Beautiful!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance I agree with Linda... WOW! You've have use so many cool things to create this beauty and they mess together like peanut butter and jelly!
Love the layout and new stamp set and looky how you framed the focal piece... so cleaver. The two backgrounds look fabulous and of course I love the touch of bling with the pearl centers. Amazing! Hugs.

jaydee said...

Nance, you really rocked your new goodies. The color scheme looks fabulous. This set is on my list for ordering on July 1 and you made me realize why I wanted it. I love your treatment around the circle - what a great way to frame the focal image. Gorgeous card, my friend! Oh... happy 100!!! It's been wonderful getting know you!
Hugs
Jaydee

Marisa said...

Love that flower cluster you stamped - such a nice mix of images and the butterfly paper peeking out from the BG is adorable. Great take on the challenge as always :) Trusting all is well with you ((hugs))

Patti said...

Beautiful card. Love the clever use of the Four Frames stamp and punch. Great colors too. DSP with great color combos are so much fun to work with.

LeAnne said...

Honestly, I just whizzed right over this set in the catalog---it did not speak to me AT ALL---but seeing it live and in color, I am revisiting it! Love how you used all the fun colors and that trellis...wowza!!!

Denise Willerton said...

Fabulous Card Nance!!!! I don't own this one (yet)!!!! I love how you framed your focal point with framelits!!! Enjoy your day!!!

Patrice Herrera said...

What a great card! I really like that you used the labels to look like a flower FANTASTIC Idea!!!

Lyndal said...

HAPPY 100th Nance! Love the colours and the pearl bling :)

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Nance! I am loving Summer Starfruit! And how could a person not love the pearls! The punched accents are the perfect touch!

Lesley said...

Your card today is STUNNING!!!! I remember that first challenge you won at the Paper Players, with that amazing motorcycle card and I thought to myself, wow, this woman is talented! You have grown into a wonderful friend and I appreciate all of our emailing and time spent discussing the challenge! You are an integral part of this team Nance and I will never forget that thought birthday hop you organized for me.
Hugs,
Lesley

Lesley said...

***thoughtful*** birthday hop!

Gisela said...

Nance what a great idea for the flower. Beautiful!

Colleen said...

Beautiful card and with such wonderful detail
ColleenB.

Nancy said...

I feel like I'm constantly repeating myself, but this card is beautiful. I love the new colors and Midnight Muse, oh my, the way the little flower blossoms on the circle pick up the adorable background paper. Speaking of the circle love the use of natural white for the flower images.
Very pretty!
Luv,
Mom

Nancy said...

Oh...forgot to say what a fabulous job using the trellis stamp, I thought it was a DSP, that's how good it looks. I also love Lesley's comments and all the other loyal followers too
Luv,
Mom

Tui Nathan said...

Love this card Nance ... the colours are bright and fresh, the new pretty stamp set is so lovely (gotta have ...) love too how you framed the centre panel .... all in all this is one pretty fantastic creation!
Congratulations on "century" ... wow, what a milestone!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, this belongs in a frame! Seriously! Love the color combo, the mix of patterns, the stamped images, the way you framed the circle creatively with the punches...I could go on and on...you know I will, too! Haha! SO pretty!

Thank you for your amazing inspiration every week and most importantly your friendship. I am so happy to be a part of this fantastic team! Happy 100 challenges! Cheers to the Players! Big hugs! :)

Hands On said...

So many new pretties! Love the colours you used for your stamped images. Looks great!

Katie said...

Love this card! Love how rich and pretty your stamped image is on the coaster.

H2 :) said...

Great card Nance! The frame treatment is fantastic, your "trellis" background stamping is awesome & the colours & blooms are gorgeous. Happy 100th! :)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Happy 100! I remember this sketch!!! Beautiful card! You are always inspiring :>)