Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Cup of Thanks {CCMC187}

Happy Thursday, friends, and welcome to another week at Create with Connie & Mary! It's our first February challenge and the gals are starting us off with a beautiful color challenge:
Concord Crush is not a color I use very often--in fact, I don't use much purple at all--but paired with the most versatile color EVER, yes Pool Party, Concord Crush is gorgeous!  I used this sketch over at the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for inspiration:
I really enjoyed this sketch and the Tea Shoppe set fit the layout perfectly!  Designer papers used were Attic Boutique and Designer Patterns Stack (neutrals).  Let me show you a few closeups of some details:
I stamped the little pansies from Tea Shoppe directly onto the Sahara Sand dp in the same color ink.  Stamping on designer paper adds a subtle layer of interest and is a great way to customize your own designer paper!  Most stamp sets come with a few smaller coordinating images that are perfect for this technique.  I stamped the flowers in Pool Party on the sentiment banner too!
I couldn't leave well enough alone with the teacup either, LOL!  I stamped it a second time in Concord Crush and fussy-cut a couple pansies for a little dimension.  And I finally broke into a package of Hatpins for a little accent on the Pool Party seam binding ribbon.
Lastly, I used Stampin' Write markers to ink up a single teacup from the same set and stacked them on the inside. The edges were sponged with Sahara Sand and two sentiments from Petite Pairs were stacked together.

I hope I've inspired you to play along with these gorgeous colors.  Be sure to take a look at some fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Create with Connie & Mary design team and then try your hand at something crafty!  Just make sure to link it up at Connie & Mary by Wednesday, February 8th at Noon (EST).  I can't wait to see what you make!

Photobucket
Supplies
Stamps: Tea Shoppe, Petite Pairs
Paper: Concord Crush, Pool Party, Sahara Sand, Whisper White CS; Attic Boutique DSP; Designer Patterns Stack (Neutrals)
Ink: Concord Crush, Pool Party, Sahara Sand classic ink
Xtras: 3" Circle die; Polka Dot impressions folder; Hatpins; Boho Blossoms punch; 1 1/4" Square Punch; Basic Pearls; Pool Party seam binding ribbon

13 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! I love the Concord Crush teacup! The layout is great, too! And the hat pin accent is perfect!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I would love to come over for a spot of tea! And this is spot on! What a sweet effect to add that fussy cutting to the teacup! Beautiful!

Tracey said...

Beautiful card, love the colors you use, tfs!

Marisa said...

Fabulous color combo and love how you used it. The big tea cup is wonderful :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance great color combo... love the stamping on the DSP to add interest, and little flowers on the teacup are adorable. Love your hat pin too. Hugs

Lisa Elton said...

Sigh...what a PRETTY teacup! Wonderful card and I love the stickpin!

LeAnne said...

Lovely! This is a pretty color combo, and perfect with your cuppa! I totally forgot about ordering those hatpins, too.....they're on my wishlist now!

Lisa Martz said...

Beautiful! Such a pretty card! Love everything about it! Just love having you on the Design Team...you do lovely work!

Margaret said...

You did a fabulous job with the colors! I love the fussy cut layered flowers and the hat pin accent is wonderful! A beautiful card!!

Debbie Henderson said...

Love the CC teacup and how you layered the flowers on the front. Don't you just love those hatpins? Beautiful card!

Lesley said...

How beautiful Nance! The pin and the colours...wow, just lovely!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!! Probably the best card I have seen using this stamp set!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #52 with a link back to your blog on 2-12-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Karen Giron said...

Love this! You are so creative with the sketch and I like how you changed up the rectangle to a circle to match your tea cup. So pretty!