Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Timeless Innocence {CCMC190}

Happy Thursday, y'all, and welcome to another week with the gals at Create with Connie & Mary. This week we have a sketch challenge, which I think have to be my favorite! I always find the layout to be the most difficult part of the design process and with a sketch challenge that's already done for you! Here is the sketch for CCMC190
This one was right up my alley as I love the trimming the main image with the Decorative Label punch and adding just a smidge of ribbon.  So that's exactly what I did:
Everything was inspired by the Timeless Portrait designer series paper from the images and patterns to the colors.  The River Rock base was layered with some patterned paper of the same color and I added a strip of Cherry Cobbler dsp trimmed in a little ribbon of Island Indigo cardstock cut with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch.  There is actually very little stamping on this because the boy & girl silhouettes were cut directly from the designer paper and layered on top of some basic black cardstock run through the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and punched with the Ticket Corner punch.  A little striped grosgrain ribbon, some Baker's Twine and two tine tags completed the look.  This card was designed as a birthday card for a co-worker with two children so I thought the silhouettes were perfect!  Pretty simple when the Designer Paper does all the work!

I hope I've inspired you to play along with this great sketch over at Create with Connie & Mary!  Be sure to check out the rest of the lovelies from the design team and then come back to play with us by Wednesday, February 29th at Noon (EST).  I hope to see you in the gallery!
Photobucket
Supplies 
Stamps: Fabulous Phrases; Four Frames
Ink: Island Indigo (really, that's it!)
Paper: River Rock, Island Indigo, Basic Black cardstock; Timeless Portrait DSP
Xtras: Ticket Corner, Dotted Scallop Ribbon, Deocrative Label and Medium Jewelry punches; Paper Snips; Basic Black wide striped grosgrain ribbon; Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine

9 comments:

Deb said...

So elegant and beautiful! These stamps work perfectly with this sketch! Love how you used the designer papers and ribbon!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, this is pure elegance! I wasn't sure I wanted that stamp set and DSP either, until now! The colors are so pretty together and I really like how the tiny tags just tie it all together beautifully. Another beauty, my friend! Hugs! :)

Ann Schach said...

Cute and elegant at the same time, Nance! It's "cutegant"! I love the richness and your fabulous ribbon treatment!

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, Nance :) Great colour combo and perfect use of the silhouettes. Have a great day (((hugs)))

Linda Callahan said...

And your ribbon smidges always look wonderful! You combined every element perfectly here - love it!

Lisa Martz said...

Love it, Nance! Great way to use scraps of DSP...perfect! Love the bright colors. Great working with you on Create!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is fabulous! You put things together so easily.. I NEVER would have thought to put that together. Love the ribbon. The papers are fantastic (assembled) but I wow.. my brain would not have gone there. Love the silhouettes ... too cute. Hugs

Debbie Henderson said...

So gorgeous how the reds and black pop against the River Rock. Cute layers!

Connie Babbert said...

LOVE how you used that stamp set! Looks like a framed masterpiece! Great job with the sketch!