Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

From My Heart to Yours {PP82}

Hiya friends, and happy Paper Players Sunday to you! Is this month flying by or what? I can't believe that Tuesday is Valentine's Day already! I made use of the beautiful colors from our very talented friend, Ann, to make one more Valentine:


I am learning to love, well...like Poppy Parade but I've learned that I am most comfortable using it in small doses!  :-)

So how about just one little embossed Poppy Parade heart, small enough dose right?!  I have seen all kinds of balloon cards with the Fashionable Heart Embosslit and wanted to try my hand at one.  I embossed six Very Vanilla and one Poppy Parade heart(s) then taped a piece of Linen Thread to the back of each one.  Once gathered in a bouquet, they needed a sky background.
It turned out more subtle than I intended but I used a scallop circle to sponge some Pool Party on my background, making my own partly cloudy sky.  A few line art clouds were added from the retired Out on a Limb set.  I stamped a few on the Soft Suede card base too!
 I embossed the bottom of the Pool Party cardstock with the Stripes embossing folder and gathered my balloon bouquet behind a modern label sentiment from P.S. I Love You.  I tucked a little bit of Soft Suede tafetta ribbon under the sentiment to hide the top of the embossed edge.  Even though this card is destined for my husband, I couldn't resist two small pearls on each side...they will remind him of me, right?  LOL! 
I had a few Poppy Parade hearts left over so I added them to the inside with two more stamp sets, I {Heart} Hearts and Teeny Tiny Wishes and that's it!

I hope you like today's heart bouquet and that it inspires you to play along with Ann's colors this week.  For even more inspiration, check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the Design Team: 

Our challenge closes Friday, February 17th at Noon (PST) so get to those craft rooms and get busy...we can't wait to come visit you!

Photobucket
Supplies 
Stamps: P.S. I Love You, I {Heart} Hearts, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Out on a Limb [retired]
Ink: Pool Party, Soft Suede, Poppy Parade
Paper: Pool Party, Soft Suede, Poppy Parade, Very Vanilla CS
Extras: Fashionable Hearts Embosslit; Soft Suede Taffeta ribbon; Basic Pearls; Modern Label Punch; Large Oval Punch; Linen Thread, Stripes Textured Impressions Folder

15 comments:

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Mmmm...I'm trying to warm to Poppy Parade too, Nance :)I love how you turned the hearts into balloons and the cloud background is really pretty.

LeAnne said...

I wish I could think outside the box (or balloon) like you do and use your stamps and diecuts in imaginative ways like this! A real fun, cute card! Your little clouds are a sweet extra touch! BTW, I despised Poppy Parade when it first came out. Now we're friends....not BFFs but just friends! LOL!

Linda Callahan said...

Stop the Presses! Cutest! Valentine! EVER!! loveitloveitloveit

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance love your heart balloons, and your hubby will too. Love the strip EF bottom, reminds me of a backyard fence .... especially with the soft clouds, so sweet. The suede ribbon looks fab for your hubby (even with pearls) for Valentine's Day. Hugs

Susan Lankford said...

What an adorable idea...I just love this and will CASE one of these days! With credit to you, of course....the highest form of flattery!

Patti said...

Love your heart balloons. That one poppy parade heart adds just the right punch. Great card.

Jodi said...

I love your heart balloon! The pop of poppy parade is just perfect. I'm not the hugest fan either since I do prefer real red, but I like it when you don't need something quite as bright and the poppy works just perfectly with this color combination. Perfect card for your hubby. I be he loves it. I'm never sure about adding pearls or gems to my card for men, but sometimes you just need them.

Margaret said...

Love the embossed hearts as balloons and poppy parade really 'pops' against the vanilla balloons! Wonderful card and I think DH will love it!

Ann Schach said...

This is so sweet, Nance! I love the clouds and the strings! Too, too cute!

Marisa said...

Those embossed heart balloons are fabulous! Darling card and a great use of the colours. Lovely touch with the clouds in the BG too :)

Bonnie said...

I love this balloon bouquet!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Well, if this isn't one happy balloon bouquet! As a fan of Poppy Parade, I like it an any amount and you added the perfect pop of color on this beauty. Thanks for inspiring me to look at those embossed hearts in a new and creative way, too. You rock, my friend! Hugs to you! :)

Nancy said...

Nance, this is absolutely adorable a bouquet of hearts couldn't be any cuter! Love the embossed stripes, the yummy rich ribbon and the clouds are perfect.

Lesley said...

Love what you did with the ribbon Nance! The pop of poppy is perfect! You know how much I LOVE that colour!! That embosslit die is super cute, love the "balloons" you created!!

Gisela said...

Cute card, great idea for heart balloons.