Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mixed Blossoms {PP81}

Hey there friends! It's Paper Players Sunday...rumor has it there is some big football game today too? :-)  I don't know about that, I just know it's time for The Paper Players!! I'm pleased as punch to be the hostess this week for our Theme Challenge:

Flowers!  Yep, just use any flowers or floral image on your project.  How easy is that?  Well, since I had it in my head to use a specific stamp and punch combo, apparently it's not so easy but nonetheless I persevered and made TWO cards for you!
The first one using Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade combined with the Mixed Bunch stamp set and coordinating Blossom punch.  I made the center panel of DSP and drew a faint line down each side to use as a guide for the embossed scallops courtesy of the Adorning Accents embossing folder.  I liked the layout so much that I made a second one:
This time pairing all the same elements but using Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight and Lucky Limeade.  The designer paper on both card is from the Sweet Shop specialty paper and features a sentiment from Kindness Matters, a stamp set available FREE with a qualifying Sale-a-Bration order!
I hope you like my Mixed Blossoms card duo...be sure to stop by and see what the rest of the design team has made for you:
I hope you'll play along with us this week.  Please link up your craft goodness over at The Paper Players by Friday, February 10th at Noon (PST).  I can't wait to see what you make...now go get crafty!

Photobucket
Supplies
Stamps: Mixed Bunch; Kindness Matters 
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Whisper White CS; Sweet Shop Specialty DSP
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Island Indigo, Calypso Coral classic inks
Xtras: Blossom punch; Triple Blossom punch; Scallop border punch; 1 1/14" square punch; In Color Designer Brads; Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon; Adorning Accents embossing folder

14 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Tell me again why I didn't order this punch and stamp set? I may have to reconsider! I love the bright flower on both cards and those embossed edges along the DSP is sweet! Go Giants!

Patti said...

I love the clean look of your card. I especially like how you used the scallop edges as a border. Lovely.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, this is a double dose of springtime cheer! I absolutely love your cards! Beautiful colors and a fun design. What more can you ask for? Absolutely fabulous, my friend! Have a great day today! Big hugs! :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance WOW this is a SUPER BOWL Spectacular! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you used the edgelit on both and can't wait to get it soon. (mine is on route as I speak)
The new blossom flower/punch is on my wish list and looks just fabulous in these colors. The flower centers are fab. Both beautiful and will work for MANY occasions. Hugs

LeAnne said...

Love them both, but I am partial to the second one! I just discovered that DP in my paper pack....just missed it while thumbing through those beautiful designs! I love the simplicity, yet the flower is so bold, it really packs a punch!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! Two gorgeous cards, Nance! What a wonderful clean design with just enough yummy details!

Lesley said...

I just love what you did with that embossing folder Nance! SO clever up the sides. Great colours and that punch/flower combo is awesome...grrr...enabler...LOL!

Marisa said...

Love them both, Nance :) Dots and flowers always make me happy. Great colour combos on both cards and the horizontal scalloped strip is lovely. Great cards!

Margaret said...

Love the bright, spring flowers! Your cards are beautiful and now I'm regretting even more not ordering that stamp set...time to add to the wish list!

Joy Jones said...

Love the color combos on your cards. This is my fav in the mini (along with the punch). Thank you for the inspiration!

jaydee said...

Ooooo. I cannot make up my mind which one I like the most! I do love that you used the ribbon as leaves. Gorgeous cards Nance. Have a fabulous week.
Hugs
Jaydee

Carrie Sampsel said...

Pretty cards and I love the color combos! I also loved your bit of Lucky Limeade Ribbon. That was the perfect addition to the flower.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great layout Nance! I love the scallops and your flowers are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Love your color combos and striking layouts! Thanks for the inspiration. Kit Marie