Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Tres Papillon {PP84}

Happy Paper Players Sunday, friends! So glad you could join me today.  This week, LeAnne is our hostess and she has a long and lean sketch for us, take a look:


Now, you can interpret the shapes and layers of the sketch any way you want to just as long as the basics are there.  For my card, I was inspired by Arielle's fabulous color combination over at Colour Q: Dusty Durango [retired], Lucky Limeade, Baja Breeze, Basic Gray and Whisper White.

 Love these colors together and I even found a little bit of Dusty Durango in my stash!  


You can see that I had a loose interpretation of LeAnne's sketch but the basic elements are there--I hope LeAnne doesn't mind!  My card base is a 3x6 piece of textured Basic Gray cardstock and the three colored panels were glued together with sticky strip and stamped all as one in Versamark ink and the Woodgrain background stamp.  Stamping them all together allows the background stamp to flow uninterrupted over all three panels.  The pretty butterflies were made with the Beautiful Wings embosslit and a few rhinestones.  And here's a little peek at the inside:


I hope I've inspired you to play along with LeAnne's sketch!  Be sure to check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team:

The Paper Players challenge will close on Friday, March 2nd at Noon (PST)...I hope you will join us!

Photobucket
Supplies 
Stamps: Tiny Tags; Flight of the Butterfly, Woodgrain
Ink: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Lucky Limeade, Cajun Crazy classic ink; Versamark
Paper: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Lucky Limeade, Dusty Durango, Whisper White CS; Basic Gray textured CS
Extras: Beautiful Wings embosslit; Basic Rhinestones; Linen Thread; Jewelry Tag punch

22 comments:

Lesley said...

I love the balance in this card Nance. It is so lovely with the woodgrain background, all lined up perfectly throughout the three colours. The butterflies are the perfect accent.

Kim S said...

These are lovely colors and you have showcased them beautifully!

Tracey said...

Love the color combo & the way your card turned out ~ beautiful! I'll be adding this one to my list to case, thanks for sharing!

Linda Callahan said...

Ohhh I love the clean lines of your design! The simple white butterflies look fabulous with the color scheme. And I adore tiny tags :)

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Nancy, love your trio of embossed butterflies. And the sweet polka dot ones one the inside...icing on the cake!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Nance, those butterflies fit the card nicely! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Rita W said...

Beautiful card, Nance. I love the way you incorporated each of those colors.

LeAnne said...

It is perfect, and I recognized the CQC colors right away! Very sweet....the little tags and twine are perfect!!!

Gem Artmiste said...

wow, this is gorgeous! I'll be caseing this one for sure!!!

Marisa said...

Great double challenge card, Nance! Love how you used the colour blocks and the butterflies are always a favorite of mine :) Have a wonderful Sunday!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Nance, your cards are always FABULOUS, and this one is no exception! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Pam~ said...

Ah, spring is in the air! This is a fabulous colorful card! Love the textured white butterflies against the colored panels ... beautiful!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your butterflies. Great card.

Jen Mitchell said...

The woodgrain background really allows those beautiful butterflies to take center stage! And of course, that bit of bling doesn't hurt either!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely fabulous, Nance! I love your take on the sketch! And the inside is adorable!

Christina said...

Beautifully done, my friend! The white butterflies on the color blocks are unexpected and wonderful! I especially love the trio of tiny tags you added to the bottom. So glad you could join us this week at the ColourQ! Hope you're doing well!

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is très magnifique, my friend! WOW! I always chuckle when I come across the name Dusty Durango. It always reminds me of an actor in an old western film for some reason. Haha! You absolutely rocked this color combo, Nance! Absolutely fabulous, as always! Hope your weekend was fun. Big hugs sent your way! :)

Unknown said...

Nance, I LOVE this card! Great interpretation of that fun sketch, and the embossed white butterflies against the blocks of color are so pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at ColourQ this week! :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance great color scheme and the butterflies are so cute with the touch of bling. The inside ones must be the kidies.... out playing around! Too cute. hugs

None None said...

Love this and how you stamped the woodgrain image on the panel. Such a perfect background for the butterflies.

Lisa Rea said...

I ADORE this! I love clean lines so this is perfect - clean but elegant and SOOOO different. You now have a new follower!!

Margaret said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! The white butterflies really look fabulous against the darker colors.