Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Just a Little Note {PP80}

Happy Paper Players Sunday, friends!  I just love Sundays don't you?  Sleeping in, big breakfasts and the whole day ahead.  Hopefully you're enjoying your Sunday morning with a little blog surfing!  This week, our fabulous friend Anne Marie is hosting a Texas-sized sketch challenge:
For today's card, I was determined to show the versatility of the You're My Type set by making a vintage-inspired feminine card.  So I grabbed some new designer series paper, Attic Boutique and went to work:
What do you think?  I really tried not to use Pool Party on yet another card but since it was one of the colors in the paper....I couldn't help myself!  The colors here are so beautiful together: Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Soft Suede and Calypso Coral.  The DSP actually uses Pure Poppy but it is not a saturated color in this particular paper so I thought, at just a few shades lighter, Calypso Coral was a better fit.
Calypso Coral accents abound in the Baker's Twine, the sentiment on the banner and a little bit of ruffled ribbon bordering the center strip of Soft Suede designer paper--also from Attic Boutique.  There's also a little bit of Pool Party spritzed onto the center circle...
I tried several different embellishments in the bottom left corner of the sketch but couldn't settle on one that I liked...until I added a trio of Daffodil Delight embossed buttons from the Sweet Buttons embosslit.  I like the tone-on-tone look and they coordinate with the real button used at the top!

So, what do you think?  Did I pull off a vintage look despite the clean lines of the typewriter?  I hope it inspires you to play along with Anne Marie's wonderful sketch.  Be sure to check out what the rest of my Paper Players friends have created:

I hope you will play along...our challenge ends Friday, February 3rd at 12 Noon (PST).   And, just in case you missed it on Thursday, I posted a FREE Tutorial for you on Full-Page Printing in My Digital Studio!!  Check it out with the link below, or under my new Tutorials tab at the top of my blog!  Thanks for stopping by!

Tutorial: Full-Page Printing in My Digital Studio

Photobucket
Supplies 
Stamps: You're My Type 
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Whisper White cardstock; Attic Boutique DSP
Ink: Calypso Coral, Pool Party classic ink
Extras: Sweet Buttons embosslit; Decorative Label punch; Designer Buttons (brights); Calypso Coral Baker's Twine; Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon; Circle Scissor Plus

14 comments:

Pam~ said...

I think you achieved perfection with this beauty, Nance! I too like your buttons on the bottom!

Linda Callahan said...

I love those tone on tone buttons as well! And how could you even think about leaving out Pool Party! It makes such a splash :) This is lovely in every way!

LeAnne said...

I think it's really, really sweet! I love this set-and I LOVE the buttons on the bottom!

Lesley said...

Hi Nance,
Love that typewriter mixed with the feminine paper! Love the buttons too.
Lesley

Marisa said...

Loving the sentiment tag on the typewriter. Great use of the sketch and the buttons at the bottom are adorable. Enjoy your Sunday :)

Margaret said...

Gorgeous! Everything is so lovely on this and the buttons are wonderful!

Anne Marie Hile said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Marie Hile said...

Awww, Nance...you little stinker! I really didn't want to have to get this DSP but here you go with your enabling again! Pool Party is the bomb-diggity! It's the Cherry Cobbler for the spring season. It can do NO wrong! Love how you used the sketch and the embossed buttons are such a fun detail. Hope your weekend was happy, my friend! Hugs! :)

Erika Clark said...

I love this look! All your details came together beautifully, the buttons, the little mini banner, and the little bit of spritzing. (I can't get enough of Pool Party either :))

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance Love your card sketch layout and I think you did just fine! Looks fabulous and the colors are wonderful. Love your focal point and the extra touch of the embossed tone on tone buttons is the finishing touch. Hugs

Unknown said...

This is such a fabulous card! I love the tonal buttons and the contrast of the graphic image with the soft flower DP. Thanks so much for popping by my blog.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Nance! I LOVE this paper with this layout and image! Perfect!

Margaret Moody said...

I absolutely LOVE this card, Nance! Love how you mixed this fun, contemporary set with the pretty floral paper! Love the embossed buttons too! Such a great card, friend!

None None said...

Gorgeous, Nance! Love the colors and that charming trio of embosslits buttons is the perfect finishing touch!