Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tag It for the Players {PP79}

Happy Sunday, friends, and welcome to another week with my best gal-pals The Paper Players! It's Jaydee's turn as hostess and as our reigning queen of clean and simple, she is challenging us to "Tag It: Create a Clean-and-Simple card with a tag on it!"
I pulled out my current favorite designer paper, Everyday Enchantment, and dusted off an old favorite, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, to make this:
A friend pointed out to me today that I use Pool Party a LOT.  It's true, I'm guilty...but it is such a versatile color!  Here, it pairs well with Crumb Cake and the Pure Poppy of the designer paper.
There's some other upcoming Sale-a-Bration goodies on here...Calypso Coral Organdy Ribbon and the Everyday Enchantment brad pack.   Tied onto the butterfly, the ribbon makes a fine pair of gossamer antenna, don't you think?
Even though it's retired, this sentiment from the Hope Happens set is my favorite to pair with a butterfly.    This card will be on it's way to a friend who recently went back to work after several years at home with her children.   

And there you have it--a clean-and-simple post for a clean-and-simple card!  Be sure to check out the rest of The Paper Players design team inspiration.  We hope you will consider playing along with us this week!  Our challenge closes on Friday, January 27th at 12 Noon (PST).  I hope to see you in the gallery!

The Paper Players Design Team
Photobucket
Supplies
Stamps: Fabulous Phrases; Creative Elements [butterfly, inside]; Hope Happens [retired] 
Ink: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Early Espresso classic inks
Paper: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Very Vanilla CS; Everyday Enchantment DSP [SAB available 1/24/12]
Extras: Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die; Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad Pack; Scallop Tags die [non-SU]; Filial Press Textured Impressions folder; my sewing machine 

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Very pretty card, love the idea of a tag, somehow I never think to do that so this is a great inspiration. Of course I love the colors too & the ribbon is perfect for the butterflies little antennae and the new brad is perfect!

Linda Callahan said...

You can never go wrong with Pool Party for sure! That butterfly is gorgeous - and yes I love the ribbon antennae! Pretty card!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance so very pretty. Love the pool party and your patterned butterfly and the ribbon body & antennae works perfect (a tip you gave me a long time ago) since it is so narrow. I agree with mom... I never think about a tag! hugs.

Rita W said...

I'm surprised Linda didn't mention that Pool Party is the new black in her comment! :) This is very pretty, Nance. I love that paper turned into a gorgeous butterfly!

Marisa said...

What a fun challenge - going to have to squeeze that one in, especially since I got some tag dies for my b-day :) Never tire of those butterflies and if you love a colour use it I saw :) Great card as always :)

Margaret said...

Beautiful! The ribbon IS perfect for the antennae and I have to agree that pool party is quickly becoming one of my favorite 'go to' colors as well! Love the DSP on the butterfly too!

LeAnne said...

So pretty! This spring, I plan to use this die a lot! It is beautiful with that paper!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, that is one beautiful butterfly!! Wowza! Love the layers, the beautiful embossed background. That ribbon needs to be sold in bulk as now you have shared just one more fabulous use for it. Eeek, SO pretty! I always love the detail you add to the inside of your cards, too. You rock, my friend! Big {hugs} to you! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

This is lovely Nance - and I'm a huge fan of Pool Party myself! I have resisted this wonderful butterfly die for long enough too, it really is gorgeous!