Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Love for Eastern Blooms {CCMC157}

Welcome to the Thursday Challenge at Create with Connie & Mary!  It's a sketch challenge this week and my card went in a completely different direction than what I had in mind...but I like the end result, I think!  Here is our sketch:
It's a great one for featuring horizontal stamps and I just had to use one of my favorite retiring SU sets:
I sure am going to miss Eastern Blooms with its lovely stylized cherry blossom branch.  I had an anniversary card in mind with these colors and thought that a gold embossed branch would be lovely:
First, I stamped a piece of Baja Breeze in the same color ink with the En Francais background stamp.  The cherry blossom branch was stamped in Versamark ink, sprinkled with gold stampin' emboss powder and heat set.  Of course it needed a boatload of..ahem....just a few pearls.  :-)
I added some scrunchy Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon to the bottom edge with some sticky strip tape.  The Tiny Tag was stamped in Baja Breeze and Soft Suede and pinned to the ribbon with a tiny Vintage Trinket safety pin.  You can also see that I did a little bit of background stamping with some Soft Suede cherry blossoms directly onto the Elegant Soiree designer paper. 
You can probably see the background stamping better here behind the trio of sweet little flowers.  The flowers were punched from Brushed Gold cardstock with the Itty Bitty Punch Pack and topped with a big fat pearl on each!
With a dark card base, of course the inside needs to be finished.  Cherry blossoms were inked in Baja Breeze and stamped off once before stamping onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  A scrap piece of Elegant Soiree designer paper and a Soft Suede sentiment from A Word for You were the finishing touch!  In case you are wondering, the Very Vanilla insert measures: 3 3/4" x 4 3/4". 

I hope you've enjoyed my card today...I'd love to hear what you think or answer any questions you might have.  Be sure to pop on over to Create with Connie & Mary to see what the rest of the design team has in store for you!

supplies:
stamps: eastern blooms, a word for you, en francais, tiny tags
ink: baja breeze, soft suede
paper: soft suede, very vanilla, baja breeze CS; elegant soiree DSP
xtras: basic pearls; gold stampin' emboss powder; itty bitty punch pack; very vanilla seam binding ribbon; vintage trinkets; jewelry punch

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh what a gorgeous card, I love the gold embossed branch, the flowers with the pearl centers...all of it. The scrunchy ribbon with the tag attached by itty-bitty safety pin is adorable!
Another fabulous job!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty---I love the embossing and the pearls! I have to admit, the last card I did, as I was throwing caution to the wind and adding a few extra pearls, my mind went to you and Anne Marie! Like your new photo too!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this card is GORGEOUS! I LOVE pearls, and yes, You gave someone a special a 'boatload' of them...... How beautiful they look on the gold embossed branch. I absolutely LOVE how you attached the tiny tag to your ribbon with a little safety pin. HUGS!

Linda Callahan said...

Love your new photo - bright and sunny! And I love how elegant this is - embossed and classy with a bit of fun with the pin and tiny tag :)

Nancy said...

i forgot to say how much I like your updated photo, very nice!
Luv,
Mom

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is great Nance, I'm glad you showed a picture on it's side so I could fully appreciate the goldness (and goodness) of it all!

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the sketch using the three flowers for the three items on the sketch. Great colour combo too. Love your new picture too :)

Ann Schach said...

So pretty, Nance! It has so many of my favorite things...scrunchy ribbon, a vintage safety pin, and pearls! Great job!

Debbie Henderson said...

You are so good at completing the insides of your cards....I should take more time doing that! Love how you used the branch for your focal image and used it again as a background stamp.

Deb said...

This is beautiful! The embossed branch is so elegant! And I love the safety pin with the little tag!

Lesley said...

Hi Nance,
Love the new photo! Very nice! This card is lovely, what a great idea to emboss the branch in gold for an Anniversary!!!
Hugs,
Lesley

Connie Babbert said...

Very elegant with all the pearls and embossed gold accents! Great job with the sketch!