Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hello Thursday Design Team!

Oh my gosh, I've been busting at the seams to share my news with you!  I am delighted to report that...I received an invitation to join the Create with Connie & Mary Thursday Design Team!!  This is a huge honor to me as I have been playing along with their challenges for awhile and find them among my faves.  Now, I am excited to share them with you!  OK, enough about me (LOL) you came here for a card and a card you shall have but first...this week's challenge!  It's a sketch challenge--don't you just love sketches?  
I flipped the sketch on it's side and made this:
Isn't it happy?!  Last week I was working on a big project with the Playful Polka Dots Simply Scrappin' Kit and many of the elements on today's card are left-overs from the kit...
including this big Daffodil Delight polka dot scalloped circle onto which I layered three Rose Red flowers from Fabulous Florets.  I tucked in a few polka dot leaves from the kit--love how they repeat the polka dots in the circle and the embossed background.  And what is my favorite companion pattern to polka dots?
Why stripes of course!  This fun paper is just one of the great patterns included exclusively in the Simply Scrappin' kit.  Aren't those colors great together?  The banner tag was cut from the Petal Cone die and stamped in Old Olive with a sentiment from Happy Greetings
and I used an left-over piece on the inside trimmed out with a Rose Red scallop ribbon border.
In lieu of the two brads from the sketch, I used the polka dot embossing folder and wrapped the whole front panel in some yummy Rose Red seam binding ribbon.  Love how this ribbon ties so easily!  Thank you for stopping by today and sharing in my happy news!  Be sure to stop by and see what the other Create with Connie & Mary Design Team members did with this week's sketch--you'll find tons of inspiration!  We hope you'll play along with us!

supplies:
stamps: fabulous florets, happy greetings
ink: rose red, old olive
paper: playful polka dots simply scrappin' kit
xtras: polka dot impressions folder; rose red seam binding ribbon; scallop ribbon border punch; petal cone die

15 comments:

Sandra said...

Whooo-Hoooo, Nance!!! Congratulations on the new DT!!! Your card is perfect for this challenge. I love the polka dots and stripes.

Linda Callahan said...

You rock girl! Congrats on the new DT! They are lucky to have you for sure! And you started off with a bang - definitely a happy card - bright and beautiful!

LeAnne said...

Congrats! Very deserving, I must say....and this card proves it! FUN!

Nancy said...

Way to go Nance, what an honor for you can't wait to see all your new creations. Today's card is gorgeous. I too, love the stripes with the pokies, great sketch, very nice kit.
Luv,
Mom

Christina said...

Hooray for you, Nance!! Now it's my turn to do a happy dance for YOU! And look at this fabulous debut card--so citrus-y and happy. Congrats again, my friend! *hugs*

Lesley said...

Hooray Nance!!! That is awesome news!!! This card is fabulous, I just love that kit! Thanks for sharing all the close-ups too!!! Looking forward to playing!
Hugs!
Lesley

Marisa said...

A huge congrats on your new DT! Lucky they are to have you :) Love your take on the sketch. Wonderful bright colours and of course I"m loving the flowers and polka dots :) (((hugs)))

Ann Schach said...

Congrats, Nance! Woo hoo! And what a fabby card you have to share!

Debbie Henderson said...

Congrats on joining our team Nance. Love the way you used the scrappin' kit!

Carrie Gaskin said...

LOVE this Nance! Such great colours and a wonderful take on the sketch. Welcome to the "crew"!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance,
This card is sooooo cheery and bright and love those strips & polka dots. Wow. Mostly.... Congrats congrats congrats! They are going to LOVE having you on the DT! Your cards are so detailed and beautiful! I know I already emailed you, but wanted to give a Shout Out to my FAVORITE upline's talent!!!! You are the best!
(the comment box finally worked again for me).

HUGS.

Deb said...

Glad you are a part of the CCMC team! And your card is just delightful! Love the way you flipped the sketch!

Margaret said...

What a pretty 'leftovers' card! I love the seam binding ribbon! It adds such a soft touch to this bright and sunny card!

Lisa Martz said...

Welcome to the CCMC team! You'll love it here! This is such a cute card! I have yet to play with the scrapbooking kit, but seeing things like this makes me want to get moving!

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Hi Nance. I've put a link to you on my Create with Connie and Mary entry. I hope that's OK. If not I'll remove it. Takle care, Sandra