Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Dreaming in the Garden: {CCMC153} {CI158}

Hiya friends!  I am continuing my spotlight of retiring stamps and accessories with another Thank You card.  My birthday was last weekend so, I've got a lot of thank you cards to send--lucky me!  Another favorite of mine on the Last Chance list is Dream Garden and when I saw this week's sketch at Create with Connie & Mary, I immediately thought of the cranes in this set:
Then, I went looking for a color challenge suitable for an Asian-inspired card and found these over at Stamping 411's Color Inspiration #158:
OK!  So off I went to my craft room.  And after fiddling around a bit--took me awhile to get the Certainly Celery just right--here's what I came up with:
See how the three panels of the crane stamp line up with the three panels in the sketch?  I stamped the cranes 3 times in Peach Parfait on So Saffron cardstock and matted the panel with Peach Parfait.  The Very Vanilla circle was cut with a circle nesties and I used the rock 'n' roll technique for the geisha image.  
I inked her first in So Saffron then rolled the edge of the stamp around on a Peach Parfait ink pad and then again, lightly, on a Real Red ink pad.  After I stamped her onto the circle I used a q-tip to add a little Very Vanilla Smooch Spritz directly on the image for a pearl effect. 
I used another retired favorite, Embrace Life, for the beautiful bamboo fronds that were stamped on the circle in Certainly Celery and on the background in So Saffron.  I love how it makes her look like she is praying in a bamboo grove.
I also grounded her with a Blender Pen and Certainly Celery ink.  Without it she appeared to be floating--much better to be on the ground!  :-)  That's a little bit of Subtles Patterns Designer Series Paper stack in Certainly Celery peeking below the circle and some lovely Certainly Celery 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.
Here is the crane stamp again on the inside--just a single stamp inked in Certainly Celery and stamped off once.  Happy Greetings from the summer mini catalog provided the perfect sentiment inked up in Peach Parfait.


So, what do you think of my Dream Garden card?  I'd love to hear from you!  Remember, we've got a Kind Thanks challenge going on over at The Paper Players this week so come check us out!  Thanks for stopping by today and I hope wherever you are today...it's a good one! :-)

supplies:
stamps: dream garden, embrace life, happy greetings
ink: so saffron, certainly celery, peach parfait, real red
paper: so saffron, very vanilla, peach parfait CS; subtles DSP stack
xtras: circle nesties; certainly celery 1/4" grosgrain ribbon; blender pen; very vanilla smooch spritz

17 comments:

Nancy said...

Nance, another beautiful card. Every time I see this stamp set I say I'm going to order it...and then I don't! I absolutely love the crane stamp and your inking technique on the Geisha is wonderful & then the smooch spritz, be still my heart. Gorgeous colors together as well.
Luv,
Mom

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance I'm with your mom. I did not get this set (can't believe it) and I LOVE when I see YOUR talent with it. It better and better each time you make a card. This rock'n roll technique is FAB and the colors really pop. I love the BG of bamboo and smooch is the finishing touch! Hugs.

Lauri said...

Nance this is gorgeous! I never considered getting this set at all, and am sure I could have never created such a gorgeous card with it! Beautiful!

Deb said...

Wow! This is beautiful! I love how you used a circle for the focal image! And you did a great job with the color choices! Thanks for playiing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Christina said...

Beautifully done, Nance! I had never really noticed this set before, and I never would have thought of using these colors with it, but WOW, does it pack a punch! Love the way you used the sketch, too.

Marisa said...

Well done! Love how you captured the Asian theme on this card. Brilliant idea to use the bamboo leaves on the focal image and love the two tones of inks on the image. Belated Happy Birthday!!! (((hugs)))!!! Do you share my brother's b-day in on the 29th?

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is lovely, the image is so cool, love the oriental feel!

jjcreations said...

So elegant - very nice, Nance.

Mary Brown said...

Beautiful! I love how you colored your main image with just the touches of red on the sides! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge.

Debbie Henderson said...

Your rock-n-roll is perfect for this stamp image! Such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Beautiful as always. Great choices of colour and wonderful little stamped details that you are always so good at showing. Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

LeAnne said...

You do oriental themes so well....I cannot do them at ALL! Congrats on your Connie & Mary win, too! PP girls ROCK!

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Nance! I love the three panel background! I will miss this set:(

Connie Babbert said...

Great details on your card...love the crane background elements! Congrats on your Top 3 Pick for Create with Connie and Mary this week!

Bonnie said...

I love your 3 stamped panels and the Geisha! I need to try the rock n roll technique again. I've never got it right! I love the look of it!

Margaret said...

So pretty! Love the way you incorporated the colors for the challenge!