Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Kind Thanks: {PP50} {CTD144}

Happy Paper Players Sunday, friends! Our first challenge of the month is always a theme challenge and this week it is Kind Thanks appropriately hosted by one of the kindest crafting bloggers I know, LeAnne Pugliese.
Growing up, my mother never let me get away without sending a thank you so, very early on, I learned the importance of a hand-written note!  Kind of ironic that years later, my Mom is the one that got me started with Stampin' Up and card-making!  :-)   Thanks, Mom!  Anyhoo, my card today uses these amazing colors at The Color Throwdown #144Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery and Pumpkin Pie.
I've been on an pink and orange kick lately so I was delighted to use these colors today for my Simple & Kind Thanks card:
I told 'ya it was simple--somehow it just felt like a clean-and-simple kind of day!  My Certainly Celery card base was stamped with an all-time favorite background stamp, Sanded.
I was very saddened to learn that this stamp is on the Last Chance Stamps list as it is truly fantastic background stamp. So great that I will keep on using it even after it retires! I layered the floral stamps from Just Believe in Certainly Celery, Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie to create my garden.
When I was finished with the garden I stamped a sentiment from Sincere Salutations in Early Espresso just over the garden edge.  I almost left the background a plain and simple card base but decided the Pumpkin Pie strip from the brights Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack would draw your eye to the sentiment in the middle.  Does it work?
The inside is just a simple piece of whisper white cardstock but I wanted to pull in all three colors in one stamped image.  I inked the leaves of the stamp with Certainly Celery marker and combined Melon Mambo & Pumpkin Pie markers on the flowers to get a multi-colored flower.  I also stamped a little celery behind the white cardstock so it didn't look like it was floating!

So there you have it...Kind Thanks, clean and simple style.  Be sure to check out the rest of the team's inspiration over at The Paper Players and then go get your craft on!  We're welcoming three new Guest Designers so that means there will be 3 more winners selected on Saturday!  If you can join us, please load your creation over at The Paper Players by midnight (PST) Friday, June 10th to be in the running for A Cut Above and Headliner.  We hope you'll play along!

supplies
stamps: just believe, sincere salutations, sanded
ink: melon mambo, certainly celery, pumpkin pie, early espresso
paper: certainly celery, whisper white; brights patterns designer series paper stack

18 comments:

June Houck said...

Nance, I just came from TPP and I love the grid presentation of the DT cards. It looks so nice and much better than scrolling down thru each one. The DT made some gorgeous thank you cards; I am glad this is the challenge. I rarely receive thank you notes, but I send them…it's always the right thing to do :) Your card is perfect. I love the inside too! I am starting to do this more often; it really makes a card even better.

Lauri said...

Nance, this is beautiful! Clean and simple, but very lovely with the layers of the flowers. and I love the colors you chose! I will be casing this one for sure!!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is soooooooooooo pretty. I know what you mean about the pinks and oranges and pinks and yellows (for me) as they are always so cheery!
Your card is fabulous! Love the layout and crisp clean look. This will CASEd by many I'm sure.
Hugs

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow Nance, this is a stunner. That stamp set is perfect for layering all those colors. And I couldn't agree more about sending hand-written notes. They are so unexpected in our new digital age, that I think they are extra-special!

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the colours Nance! Love silhouette images. Good on your re: the thank you cards. I'm a stickler for them and my kids are learning the art of doing them as well (not always joyfully LOL!). Have a great week (((Hugs)))

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, there is just something about the way you mixed these colors that just makes me happy! So bright and fun! The polka dots give such a great pop to the card, too. Just fantastic, in every way, my friend. Have a fun day! {Hugs!} :)

jjcreations said...

Nance, I just love visiting you....I'm so glad we "met" through Colour Dare. I love this card - so many little things that make it special. I love that you added that pumpkin strip through the middle - it's perfect. On the inside, I love how the stems of the flowers go off of the white and onto the base, and how you added two colours on some of the blossoms. I noticed this before I read through your post. Thanks so much for the inspiration.
Hugs

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Nance, just what I had in mind when choosing this challenge! I am in mourning for Sanded---about the same way I was for Canvas and Linen. What are they THINKING????? I will keep using them all!!

Nancy said...

Absolutely, the ribbon does make you focus on the beautiful stamped piece, love the colors too.
Luv,
Mom

Ann Schach said...

Bright and cheery, Nance! I love the Pumpkin Pie paper! And I am keeping my Sanded stamp, too! It adds so much to a card!

Margaret said...

So pretty and happy! I agree on the paper, really draws the eye. We have a rule at our home that gifts can't be used until the thank you is written. Amazingly, my girls want to do their thank you's as soon as possible :-)

Lesley said...

Hey Nance,
Your sunny garden has me smiling this morning! Love the colours you used and the clean lines. I am sad about Sanded as well...I LOVE it! On the bright side, maybe we have more new BG stamps coming!
Hugs,
Lesley

Cindy Beach said...

Nance,
This is clean and simple at its very best. Your card is so elegant. I love that you've inspired me to use a set I often forget. You did some great stamping here, and I love the colors you chose.
I feel so blessed to be working with you this month.

Christina said...

Oh my goodness, what a beauty! Your stamping is perfection, and your use of the colors is just wonderful. Love this!

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is fantastic. Everything is just perfectly placed and on pointe. You ROCK!

None None said...

Nance - this is so pretty!!! I love the CAS panel and the sanded card base - everything really pops! And that Pumpkin Pie strip does draw your eye to the sentiment just beautifully. Brava, bellissima!

Broni said...

Just gorgeous!! What perfect images to use with this color combo!! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Laura @ Idlewood Cards said...

Nance, I LOVE this card! I really like the Just Believe set and the colour combo is great. Thanks! Laura