Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Very Gold Cobbler {PP76}

Happy Paper Players Sunday, friends!  So glad you could join me today..I'm recovering from my almost-8-year-old's first sleepover birthday party.  All went well but Mama is POOPED, lol! So, today you're here for a card...and what a lovely color combination Ann has for us:
Oh so perfect for the holidays!  I used a sketch from Just Us Girls--even though it was last week's, I really liked it:
The oval in the center was calling out for a gold embossed tree don't you think?
Sorry the picture quality stinks but the weather was totally uncooperative today.  Yes, there's even a little bit of wood grain in the background:
I stamped Woodgrain in Cherry Cobbler ink on the oval before I stamped the tree.  It looks like a few stray bits of embossing powder got on the woodgrain but I think it's a lovely effect...or at least that's what I'm telling myself! 
The Brushed Gold cardstock was embossed with the Petals-a-Plenty impressions folder and I used a lovely pinecone spray from the Autumn Days set for a random background pattern.
The Champagne Shimmer paint has a light gold touch so I sponged it directly onto the tree and stamped it on the inside along with the companion sentiment from Petite Pairs.  And that's it, pretty clean and simple!  If you like my card, be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's work:
The Paper Players Design Team
Tara Bilbao
  Rita Wright (December GD)

Since this is our last challenge of 2011, we are extended our deadline and will keep the challenge open until Friday, December 30th at midnight (PST).  We hope that you will find some crafty time to yourself during this busy holiday season and come play along with us!  Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket
supplies: 
stamps: lovely as a tree, woodgrain, petite pairs, autumn days
ink: cherry cobbler, versamark
paper: cherry cobbler; brushed gold; very vanilla
xtras: petals-a-plenty EF; vanilla seam binding ribbon; decorative label punch; ovals nesties

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I love this - classic and elegant! The tree is gorgeous embossed on the Cherry Cobbler! And I hear ya about those sleepovers! It was all fun and games until the next day when everyone was oh so grouchy!

Marisa said...

Loving that gold tree! Gorgeous take on the colours and sketch.

Julie Marshall said...

Just gorgeous Nance! I love the gold embossed tree and that gold brushed embossed paper. They are perfect together.

Stef Perry said...

Quite lovely! That tree certainly lends itself to being embossed as you did. I also really like the woodgrain on the oval. It really gives your card an additional organic feel, with a little bit of lux with the gold.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Nance! I love the woodgrain and the pines stamped on the CC....nice effect! Glad to hear you survived the party, too! :D

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Nance! The embossing sets off the entire card! Awesome!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous as always Nance, love how you used that sketch, especially the embossed background, it really makes everything pop!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance LOVE this one! The BG woodgrain is perfect, and I also love the stamped pinecone BG on the card base. The embossed tree is beautiful and love the shimmer mist inside. Hugs.

Margaret said...

Very pretty! I love the embossing on the gold cardstock and I think your embossed tree is lovely too! Imagine...Nance using woodgrain on a card... :D Everything fits so well together and the shimmer paint tree inside was a nice touch.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, as if I didn't love that Woodgrain background enough because of your inspiration...then you go and pair it up with one of my new favorite sets. Can I just say STUNNING!! Love the richness of the gold embossing and all of the perfect layers. This is one lovely card, in every way. Hope today was great for you, my friend! Big hugs! :)

Tara Bilbao said...

Nance I love how you put so many elements in and yet kept this card CAS. The embossed tree on the woodgrain is so fantastic. Fabulous card.