Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hybrid Snowboard {CCMC180}

Happy Thursday, friends, and welcome to another week at Create with Connie & Mary! December is just flying by isn't it?  We know you're extremely busy this time of year, so this week the gals have a nice and easy sketch for you:


The sketch is a square but you can alter it to a standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" size if you want.  I have to admit that I am a little burnt out on Christmas cards so I was very happy to use this sketch as a birthday card for my nephew:


It's not Christmas but it's still a winter-themed card.  My nephew LOVES to snowboard and can't wait for that first snow...living in Wisconsin, fortunately that isn't a problem!  I don't own any of the Extreme sports stamps but they're all in My Digital Studio--yay!  


So I added the Extreme Snowboard stamp to a page, colored it in Basic Grey and gave it a deep drop shadow.  The drop shadow feature really makes it pop off the page.  It almost looks like I fussy-cut it, doesn't it?  Behind my snowboarder, I added the splatter stamp from the Extreme Elements set in Pool Party.  Then I just printed that page on Whisper White paper and cut it to size. Even if you don't have My Digital Studio, Stampin' Up's digital images can be used as images in any image editing or word processing program.  How cool is that?
 

I used Basic Grey cardstock for the base and ran it through the Northern Frost embossing folder.  I sponged Whisper White craft ink over the snowflakes to give them a snowy-look.


A piece of Cherry Cobbler woodgrain designer paper from the Frostwood Lodge pack gave this card a rustic "boy" feel but I couldn't resist a little Silver Glimmer snowflake and Neutrals Glimmer Brad for a little sparkle.  Snow IS sparkly after all, right?  ;-)

Well, I think he will like it...and...I hope it inspires you to play along with this great sketch!  If you need even more encouragement, be sure to check out the rest of Design Team's work over at Create with Connie & Mary.  If you decide to play along with us, please link up your creation by Wednesday, December 21st at Noon (EST).  I can't wait to see what you create!  Thanks for stopping by!


Photobucket

10 comments:

Deb said...

Well you fooled me! I though you had fussy cut him!! MDS is so awesome!! And so is your card! Perfect for a guy!

Lisa Martz said...

Very cool! And, very BOY! It totally looks like you cut that snowboarder out! WOW!

Marisa said...

Fabulous card! Love the snowboarder and the embossed snowflake in the BG. Makes me want to go skiing (note skiing not snowboarding - older generation thing LOL!)

Debbie Henderson said...

Oh Nance, my son would LOVE this card. I agree, I'm at the point of getting sick of Christmas cards!

Kim S said...

No matter how hard I look, it still looks fussy cut! I love the rustic wood and colors!

Lesley said...

Wow Nance! You have inspired me to get a color printer, this is unreal! Love the colors.
Hugs,
Lesley

Margaret Moody said...

Love this, Nance! It truly does look as if you cut out the snowboarder! Amazing! Great birthday card, which I'm sure your nephew will love!

Tara Bilbao said...

Fabulous card Nance - I love that snowboarder and your color combo. Isn't fabulous to create cards with MDS? I will definitely have to CASE this one for those teen birthdays. Fantastic!

Margaret said...

I would have bet anything that you cut out that image! Amazing! This is a great use of the sketch and a wonderful winter birthday card!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance such a cool card. Love the dark image against the light blue 'splash'..... very cool.
I WISH I had that set, it would have been perfect for my friends son's Dec. birthday who loves to snow board!
Hugs